new member, long time owner

seadoopappy

Hi, glad to be part of the group. We have had our 95 Cutlass convertible for just over 14 years. 98k miles, 3.4L Dark Teal with charcoal interior.

Had to replace the top almost a decade OK but otherwise original. She's not perfect but we think she's pretty nice post-10765-0-60806400-1502161531_thumb.jpg

Welcome!!

And beautiful 95', I love my 95' as well, I have had it for almost 10 years! Awesome cars, don't look like anything else on the road!

Thanks for the compliments!

We had let the plates expire due to cash flow problems (got caught in the housing catastrophe) this is the first year we got her back on the road. Legally, anyway.

• Like 3

Welcome!  Don't see too many dark teal metallic with graphite interior.  How many miles did it have when you got it?

Thanks for the compliments!

We had let the plates expire due to cash flow problems (got caught in the housing catastrophe) this is the first year we got her back on the road. Legally, anyway.

I know how that goes. It just seemed odd to see it with the new Illinois plates.

Welcome! You're overdue for a timing belt job if it hasn't been done already in the past.

This is the stuff I like about our community. I wouldn't have thought about that.

• Like 1

The pointer on the belt is truly appreciated, thank you.

When you change the belt, don't forget to change the idler pulleys as well. The tensioner (it's one that looks like a bullet) can be re-used... at least I've done so in mine with no issues. Gates sells a kit that has the belt and 3 pulleys.