New to Forum but have had a few Ws

sgjii

First time to find the forum but not my first time into Ws.

It all started in 1999 with a 1993 Cutlass Supreme Convertible 3.4L, Red, White Top over Graphite Leather.  It caught my eye on a local lot and the price was right for my first convertible.

Next was a snazzy (new to me) 1997.5 Regal GS in about 2000.  I saw it on the lot and was shocked at the price, which I thought was "giving it away" for its 30K-ish miles and excellent condition.  3800SC and it was a sleeper.  One of my Top10 favorite cars I have owned.

A few years later in 2009 and with my love of my first GS, I bought a 2000 Regal GS.  3yrs later, ended up selling it and buying a new 13 Chevrolet Cruze.  I was looking for a change and had enjoyed them as rental cars.

Next was a 1996 Olds Cutlass Supreme Coupe in dark green.  Originally bought it for a step daughter's first car but ended up putting 36K on it before she ever got it.  Did a lot of brake, suspension, neglected fluids and maintenance to it.  Previous owner had already done LIM, heads & gaskets so the heavy lifting in the engine bay was complete.  Unfortunately, she was the end of that car...

In September 2015 I picked up my most recent W Body project, another Cutlass Supreme.  This time a Gold 1992 Supreme S with the older 3.1L.  It had 144K miles new tires a few "scabs" on the rockers but amazing little rust and original paint.  I bought it as "it just quit running on the freeway".  I gambled $600 that it would be a crank sensor, ignition or fuel pump as my best guesses.  NOPE, broken timing chain...  With cheap Rockauto parts options, I put a chain kit in but of course, no compression on cylinders 2 & 4...  At this point $400 worth of heads wasn't in the column of stuff I was dying to buy.  Tried to sell as a project with no interest, considered the scrap yard and then just let it sit until Jan 2017.  I then came across a small machine shop that was closing due to retirement and he had a Reman'ed set of the correct heads on the shelf.  They were a customer abandon from 6years earlier.  $50 later I had a new project.  Blah, Blah, Blah, fixed, running, fluids, brakes, etc. I am now 2000 miles down the road.  Saturday, I somehow lost the only keys between the curbside street parking and my own house.  I have been turning things upside since and have decided they aren't turning up.  This brings me to today and Google searches about new key cylinders and removing the ignition lock cylinder from the column without an existing key (see my post under General) and here I am at the W-Body Forum.

Stephen Jenkins

Lancaster, OHpost-10674-0-92769500-1491419486_thumb.jpgpost-10674-0-92088600-1491419491_thumb.jpg

I love the CS in the gold color, its been a LONG time since seeing one. Ive had my aqua 94 coupe for nearly 14 years and wont part with it.

Lol, it looks like you ran the car through the Soggy Doggy pet wash.  The results look good and you won't have to worry about fleas for awhile.

Nice Cutlass, I really like the coupes, and I like the luggage rack.   I don't see many coupes here in Oregon that are in nice shape, the few I see are dirty and look like they're just being driven into the ground.   I hope you keep it looking nice for a long time.