New Guy in a Regal

Mitchellman

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to this forum, but have been lurking for some time now and love this site. Very resourceful in the projects I've had and for future ones as well.

I bought my 1994 Buick Regal GS 2DR 4 years about with 116,000. It has run flawless with the occasional complications that are always easily resolved. Being a mechanic, that's not too hard. When I got it, it was bone stock, owned by an elderly couple who ordered brand new back in 1993. I have since done slight modifications, mainly cosmetic, but am going to start messing with the powertrain soon. When the L27 goes, I plan to put in a L67 from a newer Regal. It currently has 174,000 on it, without a hiccup. Has 92-99 Bonneville Crosslace wheels on it painted black with white letter BFGs. 5% tinted windows all around with brow strip on the windshield. Plan to put a 1994 Grand Prix resonator pipe on it with an aftermarket muffler(not sure yet, either flowmaster or magnaflow since it's the L27), so that way I can do dual exhaust out the back with Camaro tips. Am also getting a set of Grand Prix Crosslace wheels and am going to have them polished to really bring back the paint and lip. Will stuff 255/50s white letter BFGs under it as well.

Also have a Red 1998 Bonneville SE L36 I picked up from work for $125. Had 181,000 when I picked it up and after new brakes and rotors, now has 183,000 without a hiccup and many many 300+ mile trips without any issues. Will get the black crosslaces from the Regal with I get the Gold Crosslaces done for the Regal.

Recently also picked up a Black 1997 Bonneville SSE L36 for her. Has 151,000 on it now with power sunroof, black 9 way leather seats and all. Will be a future L67 swap from a 96-99 Bonneville. Planning to get a set of American Racing charcoal or chrome 17inch TTs with white letter BFGs in the summer.

Plan on lowering the Regal and SSE with coilspring.com springs for the fronts. The Regal sits low enough in the back, just need to get the fronew lower than that.

Looking forward to being apart of this forum!

Mitchell

Thanks! Haha, yea mine is the Coupe version of yours. I'll try to post up some pictures when I can. It went through a transformation since I bought it. I have before and after pictures and you can't tell it's the same car. :) Sucks that white letter tires aren't made in passenger sizes above 15inch. I have to use paint markers and color the letters in. I usually do 3-4 coats. Takes about 2 hours for all 4 tires. But they look great when done and the last application I've done has lasted over a year!!!!

Mitchell

• 2 weeks later...

Hi and welcome.

As a newbie I'm starting to think I need to look into a Regal now!

The coupes are really nice. My favorites are the Z34 and the Grand Prix. The sedans... not so much. Then again, I'm not a big fan of 4 doors.