Swapping Coupe Rear Seats to a Bench

Mstg007

I was wondering if I could swap out my bucket seats in the rear to a bench seat? Yes I know this is a dumb question. I am wanting to see if I could fit 2 car seats and a booster in the rear.

Thanks for the feedback. I am looking up information if its possible.

Either way, you'll still have two shoulder belts and one lap belt...would be legal to run the booster in the passenger seat, I'd think...esp in a 1G since there's no passenger airbag.

Don't buy a car to fit car seats, buy car seats that fit your car.   I've got a rear bench in my vert, and although now I only have one kid in a booster, I've had different combinations of car seats in the rear.    They make narrow base car seats, there are some suggestions in the link below.   What I ended up doing was what they suggested, you kind of "nest" the seats together, with a carseat with a narrow base and wider top next to a booster with a wider bottom and narrow top (or no top).     

http://blogs.babycenter.com/products_and_prizes/02052015-13-car-seats-that-fit-3-across-in-most-vehicles/

The rear bench in my 95 vert is almost exactly the same width as the rear seat in my old 95 Altima, I measured them once years ago.   They marketed the Altima as a family car, so the Cutlass should be too.   With the top down, I found it pretty easy to get the kids out of the back seat actually.  I'm 6'3", so I would just lift them up and over the sides without even opening the door.   I still do that with my 7-year-old sometimes, to keep him from climbing out and stepping on the rear window sweeps.