Security Light Stays On

tonytoca_87

Hi everyone just curious if my security light stays on but my 95 vert still drives fine should I be worried? I just posted a topic on my turn signals not working so I replaced the multifunction switch and all of a sudden the security light stays on. I have a 8 month year old baby and don't want to get stranded in the middle of nowhere. Any advice help or feedback would be appreciated. Thanks

I'm surprised it still starts. If the light is on and the car starts, that means it had to have failed while the ignition was on or car was running and it has entered a fail safe mode. If the vehicle ever loses battery power, it will no longer know it's in a fail safe and the car will no longer start until it's repaired. Most common problem is the little bity wires coming off the lock cylinder breaking.

• Like 1

I had to have that module bypassed as I got stuck getting gas, since I didnt have a way to get my tools without a few hours of walking and researching I paid a mobile locksmith to bypass it for me. Every now and then for years before that the security light would come on while driving every once in awhile and then go off by itself. Maybe go ahead and bypass your passkey or passlock system so you dont get stranded like I did.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

It WILL.

Whether its 2 days or 2 years from now it will happen. I put it off for the longest time and it finally gave out at the pump miles from home.