Securing Sub box in convertible trunk?

sean1991olds

I would have put this in audio except it is specific to the convertible.

I'd rather not use screws if possible. The installer shoved the box where the top normally folds down into which is great until I want to use the convertible as a convertible :P

The box I have is tall/skinny and tips over easy. My thought was to put it in the middle of the trunk and run some bungee/straps under the spare tire then over the box. Trunk floor would prob get in the way though.

Get the parameters for the speakers and use an enclosure design program to make a box that not only fits correctly but sounds better than a prefab box.

I ended up for now anyway laying it down as GOT2B GM said, reason I didn't do that before was the amp was mounted to the back of the sub. I had always had the amp mounted to the back seat, but for some reason on the car this came out of, the installer had mounted it to the sub.

Got any pictures?  I'm working on putting a system together. Interested in seeing how much room is left with the box in there.

Got any pictures?  I'm working on putting a system together. Interested in seeing how much room is left with the box in there.

Will try to get a pic soon!

I would lay this out differently, but the wiring limits different positioning. The sub/box is a JL Audio CS110-WXv2.

stereo2.jpg

• Like 3