Dying vert in the desert

Billyvannuys

post-9558-0-88392200-1456431729_thumb.jpgpost-9558-0-72493600-1456431770_thumb.jpgpost-9558-0-15192100-1456431804_thumb.jpgSaw This poor creature on CL Antelope Valley Ca for past few weeks. Says he's "parting out" but runs "perfect" ???. Thought the vert owners might find it sad.

Edited by Billyvannuys

post-9558-0-34576000-1456460131_thumb.png[attachment   here's my burgundy (but intact) interior- thank good ness I don't have to fix this

What a shame. That car has better metal going on than anything up here.

Yes, your highness, High Priest. I think about our California cars and how lucky were are to not have the rust problem. I see how dedicated you guys are; fashioning new body panels and sections to replace rusted ones, taking car apart down to frame. I'm impressed. I have renewed vigor in fixing mine now: I'm so lucky to have no rust, only one previous owner really. Low miles. all buttons on dash work and body has only three tiny shopping cart dings. I guess I can cope with fixing small oil leak, monoleaf bushing, small brake issue and a few other details in order to get to the fun stuff of a new top, and paint job. Your guys' love of these "mystery cars" has really helped me. I had no real idea what I was getting when I bought it, and now I'm sort've hooked on seeing it through to the end. Thanks so much.

As least our (pictured) Antelope Valley "parts car" is leaving us in front of some loving folks. Kind of like Grandma dying with all of her children around. Wish I had the black leather (except in excellent shape) in that one and that one had my burgundy leather sitting rotting and destroyed.

Edited by Billyvannuys

It is a shame.  There are some good parts on that, but many that are gone just from neglect.  If it were closer, it would be worth picking over and getting the good parts off of.