HID Kit

tonytoca_87

Hi everyone I'm new to this forum. Does anyone have any experience installing HID'S in there cutlass. I have a 1995 vert and I want to install HID's but was told the low beam bulbs can be replaced. Any feedback would be highly appreciated. Thanks

• Like 1

Mine were a direct swap, however you do have to silicone the new bulbs in like you would with any replacement bulb. I've done it two or three times and both my cutlass I used to have and in my GTP with no issues.

• Like 1

I appreciate the help. I am going to attempt to do it myself. Thanks

I had to silicon a 9006 bulb into the back of the housing, but it has held up well. I guess that is all there is to it. Along with mounting the HID ballast.

Thanks buddy. This forum is very helpful

Mine were a direct swap, however you do have to silicone the new bulbs in like you would with any replacement bulb. I've done it two or three times and both my cutlass I used to have and in my GTP with no issues.

• Like 1

There is a simple youtube video which gives directions as how to cut off the back end of the old 4351 sealed bulb & then remove the retainer to allow one to slip in a replacement bulb & seal it into place.

When I did my low beams I replaced the lower lumens rated 9006 bulbs (1100) with higher lumens 9005 (1700) high beam bulbs.

still not satisfied with the lamps brightness & the light in front of the car I have ordered an 9005 4300k HID kit for the lows,

http://idkerja.top/videos/h4351-to-9006-headlight-conversion?v=XIFgKxkIjHk