An Olds site I can relate to

Billyvannuys

Hi all. I'm Bill. age 57, retired from 38 years of union construction, currently a junior at CSUB annex here in Lancaster CA. Bought the "92 Cutlass convertible for $3400 just couple of weeks ago. This one has the 3.1 and 74K miles. Have now put about $1,500 into it. Before previous brief  (only few months) second owner, car was owned by old lady who passed away and her daughter sold it. Second owner's wife told him to get rid of it when their condo assoc. took away their extra parking spot.  I can obsess on things online to learn about them.

Followed this model car for about a year when I decided I wanted an older, somewhat roomy American convertible that was comfortable to sit in and had AC, power locks, power seats, etc .Camaros, Firebirds and Mustangs all have low seats with leg stretched out front. Not good for my knee..I'm not a mechanic, but I have one across the street. :) and he works on it real cheap at his buddy's automotive repair shop. Lucky me.

Realize car is complicated for a GM model; rear suspension is weird but effective, engine compartment hard to get to, etc. From reading many, many things about this car online, it appears there is no real consensus that the 3.4 or the 3.1 are superior. I'm not going to race it. Most cars will give lots of service is they are taken care of and this motor sounds brand new with lots of maintenance paperrwork from original owner and clean CarFax.. Looking  forward to seeing and reading about your victories with this vehicle and how you overcome the struggles to find pieces. So far, I've replaced the exhaust system, brakes, motor mounts, and all oil and fluids. Top is original but is discolored and needs replacing. The leather burgundy seats look great, but the burgundy carpet is faded. Horn stays on when fuse put in. Hate factory cassette deck and tiny speakers. Will fix a little at a time. See you all around. Thanks.

post-9558-0-15891600-1450306868.jpg

post-9558-0-42240500-1450306900.jpg

Sounds like you got a good Cutlass. The 3.4 isn't as bad as people make them out to be, trust me I have one. They're just a royal pain when it comes to the alternator but luckily the engine isn't an interference one (At least up until 95; 96 and 97 were).

Welcome to the forum! You will soon learn what's not available must be custom made.