Just bought 92 convertible 74K miles

Billyvannuys

Hi everyone, new to this site. Wanted an American convertible that had air, power locks, windows, etc. Needed plenty of comfortable seat/leg room for my 38 years of construction-work body. Camaros and Firebirds feel like I'm sitting on floor and hurt my knee after awhile. Got this two-owner, 74K mile, So. Cal. '92 from a wealthy guy who lost extra parking space in his Newport Beach condo. He had just bought as toy from estate sale few months back. So, really, it's like it had only one little-old-lady owner. Although miles are low, previous, extremely elderly woman ( aged 92) owner didn't drive enough to burn water out of exhaust. Had to replace mufflers, CC, and tips..

Horn stays on when I put fuse in. Put new brakes, motor mounts, rear mono-spring end bushings, few other small things. Body has only three tiny shopping cart type dings. Will paint eventually. Drives great, needs new top, carpet. Hate original cassette stereo. tiny speakers in rear side panels and on top of dash. Eew! They all work fine, but sound worse than dad's old single-speaker AM radios. Both owners manuals in glove, boot cover in trunk. Mechanic has had it more than I have. Look forward to getting it back soon

post-9558-0-38695400-1450300152.jpg

post-9558-0-84157400-1450300185.jpg

post-9558-0-54390600-1450300218.jpg

Welcome. It looks like a clean car.

Yeah, 3.1.  well, the brief second owner gave me all of the original owner's repair paperwork, and clean Carfax. Original elderly lady owner sure replaced a lot of stuff for hardly having any miles on it: water pump, alternator, rebuilt power steering, etc.. wonder if her mechanics were just ripping her off, too many weird receipts for batteries from AAA and the like. Anyway, at least she likely didn't hot rod it. She just let it sort of slowly take itself apart. But, my mechanic buddy is working on it at his shop and promises I'll have it back tonight. Can't wait, he's had it a week. Will get paint, new carpet, top, stereo, etc. as the months go by.  But slowly, so the wife doesn't really notice. If I was younger, I would've got all that fun stuff first. Love seeing all of the cars on here. Today's my first day on here, so, I haven't looked at everything. Only spent about 4 hours on site today. LOL! Great hearing from you guys.

If the convertible top is dirty or moldy, and not in bad shape otherwise, try a bleach solution and a nylon bristle brush, you'd be surprised how decent it will look after a bit of scrubbing.

Interior looks great, and I love those wheels too! Previous owner of mine listed battery replacement a few times too. I'll add my suggestion for top cleaner.. Amazing Roll Off. Not sure if you've seen it yet, but there is a list that shows prod'n numbers, for 92, there were 746 verts in your color scheme, 2nd most popular scheme that year. First was red body on black on black.