Vert Parts 1992 Cutlass Supreme

TreySr

1992 Cutlass Supreme; 3.1

Purchase Price: $1600,

(wanting to increase the value to $6200;

Red body, black top, leather charcoal/black interior). I purchased this car from my cousin, who's already dropped in a new engine, transmission, and other under the hood work. It's a really clean car ( I posted a few pictures in an album)... body has no rust, runs great. It does need what I feel are minor repairs in order to be in truly mint condition. Uphosltry needs redone on both visors (needs new upholstry), recently drivers side door only opens from inside (all rods are connected inside door panel and behind the door plate????), a few bulbs on the climate control panel don't light with the lights on, need replacement or OEM drivers side 4 button window switch (buttons only, all connections work), passenger side back window button (I believe the motor has gone out), center console/armrest leather repaired (tear), driverseat leather repaired ( tear on seat), needs inside hood open button (plastic handle only, currently can use pliers to pull chord), new windshield (current one just developed a crack a few weeks ago)... Dome light needs plastic bulb covers and one rubber push button). Those are the current needed repairs...

I purchased this car three weeks ago and immediately saw it as a future classic. After doing some research, I've learned that seeing one of these in great condition has become kind of rare, IMHO, less than 26,000 convertible models produced before the end of Oldsmobile. The Cutlass Supreme was one of Oldsmobile's best selling brands. Where can I begin finding remanufactured or OEM parts to restore this beautiful car???

***Check out my album " 1992 Cutlass Supreme Convertible "**

I'm going to break down this post into a couple pieces.

How many miles are on it? These cars don't hold value very well. If your car's low mileage then you could get away with it, but people struggle to sell them at $4000 in good condition.

recently drivers side door only opens from inside (all rods are connected inside door panel and behind the door plate????)

Common issue with these cars. Have you adjusted the linkage rod that is behind the door plate. It looks like this. IN the pic it's disconnected, but yours will be connected to the gold piece.

FILE0006r.jpg

a few bulbs on the climate control panel don't light with the lights on

Mine does that too, but intermittently. You have to open it up and swap out the bulbs. it takes one T5 and I think 4 T4s with one that's soldered in. I'm actually in the process of converting those to LED, I can post a pic of how to do it once I get around to it.

need replacement or OEM drivers side 4 button window switch (buttons only, all connections work)

The buttons are generic Olds Cutlass buttons. You can go to the junkyard and get them from 4 sedans or coupes. The buttons are 91-94 specific I think.

passenger side back window button (I believe the motor has gone out)

The back window on both sides are sourced from a Cutlass sedan. They're not vert specific or side specific. I may have one lying around but it may also be damaged. This is fair warning. The damage is to the side of it, but on the inside piece of it. It wouldn't show when on the trim piece.

If you believe the motor is out, tap the motor. It's more than likely stuck and needs some tough love to get it working again. Mine does it every now and then, but mine is gutted so it's easier to bang on it. The motor is riveted in so it's a hassle to replace, but it is a common GM part, not vert specific. Other 90's GM cars had the same motor.

center console/armrest leather repaired (tear), driverseat leather repaired ( tear on seat), needs inside hood open button (plastic handle only, currently can use pliers to pull chord),

What color is your interior?

Also, the lever might be able to be sourced online or on rockauto.com. It's another 1G W part, can come out of the Grand Prix or Regal (Maybe even Lumina). I plan on doing a yard run soon so I'll keep this one in mind.

new windshield (current one just developed a crack a few weeks ago)... Dome light needs plastic bulb covers and one rubber push button). Those are the current needed repairs...

When you get yours changed, make sure they don't mess up the A pillar moldings. Those are discontinued parts (as all weatherstripping for this car is) and you'll be SOL. If they insist on prybars, walk away from them. They don't know what they're doing. Tie trim around the windshield is held on by phillips screws.

Where can I begin finding remanufactured or OEM parts to restore this beautiful car???

***Check out my album " 1992 Cutlass Supreme Convertible "**

Just depends, there's not a lot of NOS parts for these cars. Most people hold the 70's cars as the glory days for Olds. Everything else kinda got shafted. The last Cutlass verts were disregarded by the Olds community. Most of us have to make our own parts to fix our issues. I for example am running Chrysler Sebring seals on the roof because my weatherstripping was pretty beat up. I also have 96 Grand Prix seat belts to replace my beat up 94s. (for the record they bolt on but the door trim doesn't fit on it. I'm going to dremel it to make it fit.

Nas Escobar... Thanks for the info. The car has a little over 224,000 miles, which imho is pretty decent for how well it drives. I'm more likely going to hold onto it for a while and store it during the winters. I did check out the linkage rod in the door, and that is connected as it should be and works when pulled, it just doesn't open the door from the outside as it should. The back passenger window does operate up and down, it's just the switch that doesn't work (either disconnected behind the panel or needs replaced.) Thanks for all of the input... I can't wait to get started on restoration.

Convert it to AWD, stuff a supercharged LS6 with a 6-speed manual trans in it and I'll give you $6500.