5-speed MPG?

Marcus18

20Mpg highway

11-13Mpg in town

Hey Luke...How are you calculating that?

It is hard with the 5-speed conversion to get a proper miles/gallon number because the ECM is seeing the wrong numer of pulses from the 5-speed speed sensor than the Automatic. The tables in the MEMCal need to be changed...but never did get that straight. 8)

You just need to compensate for the different FDR ratio of the stick vs auto tranny. I believe the 282 is 3.61, but I could be wrong. I believe it's listed in pulses per mile so you'll have to calculate it out. It's an easy fix with the right software(GMPCM) 8)

I know it's not 100% accurate.. but it's close enough for me.

I think it is a long way off or something is severely wrong. When I drove the car to you we used the trip-meter in the Celica to gauge Fuel economy and I was running 90+MPH 90% of the time ( :oops: sorry was the last "Fun" ride I was going to get in her) and still knocked down 26MPG. I would loose severely in the city as Jackasses like Aaron were always trying to keep up with me and when you are in the boost you are drinking the fuel...but normal city driving would see 18MPG. The speedo was 12-15 MPH off at all speeds above 30MPH and that will make the trip computer wig out.

Can you help me out in getting those tables corrected?

My suggestion to you would be to pick Mick's brain on that one. Go to the GMPCM webpage and post it on his forum for chip tuning. god910 has the webpage info... 8)

I looked through his site some, and downloaded the software. It's all confusing to me.. but maybe if I play around with it some I'll understand it?

Mick has always been more than helpful with my questions and walking me through it. Just ask him..he is a good guy! 8)

Sorry, been down awhile moving. I'm getting almost 30 MPG on the H/W, so Luke, I think something is really off here since we both have the same chip. Different tranny perhaps, but I wouldn't think it's that bad. I average 17 overall (that's over 1000 miles, w/ quite a bit of warm up/cool down time) In 5th on the h/w I can't tell you the RPM's, I only have a factory tack and I don't trust it. But I usually get 28-32 mpg cruising in 5th. HTH.

Oh yeah, the speedo is off, when going 55 on the h/w (HUD) I'm actually going 64.something. (Those calcs were made using the stopwatch on my cellphone, so there is some error, but I wasn't try to be perfect. Hell, I was speeding, so it didn't matter EXACTLY how much I was speeding, just a ballpark.) I plan on tackeling the speedo/MPG thing this winter along w/ getting my cruise to work.