Dyno or 1/4 mile

hoodilio

Has anyone here dyno-ed or run their 3100 w-body at a drag strip. If so, is it embarasing, since we all know that arnt the fastest cars, i would love to see wat my times/hp would/is be.

Its nothing to be embarrased about. There are lots of cars at the track that run anywhere from 15-20 sec quarter miles. You stock 3.1 guys I would imagine would make runs anywhere from mid/high 15's to 17s. I know a few guys where I work that have Hondas and Grand Am's that run about 17 secs. Take it to the track and have a great time!

I've never been to the dyno but I've gone up to New England Dragway about 5 or 6 times to race.... Alot of people always ask me about the car probably cause they ushally don't notice them... Anyways I run 15.5 @ 90 almost every time and there are much slower cars that go up there, but really if you wanna race you wanna race there's no shame in what u run really...

-Chris

I've never been to the dyno but I've gone up to New England Dragway about 5 or 6 times to race.... Alot of people always ask me about the car probably cause they ushally don't notice them... Anyways I run 15.5 @ 90 almost every time and there are much slower cars that go up there, but really if you wanna race you wanna race there's no shame in what u run really...

-Chris

what year/make/model car?

We take both of our W-bodies to the track. And its the other people that end up being the ones imbarrased.

12.4 is pretty damn impressive...what have you done to that one?

I asked him the same question, and this is what he sent me.

ZZP Modular pulley system with 2.6" pulley

Thrasher CAI

160* stat

RT cat

Borla Exhaust

ZZP Stage 2 TB

1.91 rockers

Intense pushrods

ZZP/DHP PCM

Thrasher shift kit

Intense LSD

ZZP Stage 4 blower

ZZP poly motor mounts

TOG ceramic coated headers

ZZP mini-afc

ZZP Stage 2 Intercooler

PRJ aluminum fuel rails

Comp Cams 85 lb valve springs

42.5 lb injectors

i ran a 14.2 at 5800ft altitude in colorado.. L67 swap of course. i am sitting at ~260hp and ~350+tq to the wheels :)

havn't ran my monte yet. my monte dyoned 177hp and 183tq w/ intake and borla catback. I don't think i had the FFP UD pulley on yet.. i might have.. it was along time ago.

montedyno.jpg

RedZ