What are TGP's going for?

jctweedt

Alright fellas I need some opinions. I have an opportunity to get my old 1990 TGP back that was sold about 5 years ago for about $500. What I'm wondering is what are these cars going for these days? I'm trying to decide if it's worth the trip to get it (and possibly have to tow it), and fix it up to make a little money. Needs a bit of work if it's still in the same shape as when I sold it. Also is the value going up for these cars or down? I understand they're becoming more and more rare, but I'm not sure if the people looking for them are becoming fewer and fewer as well.

Depends on a lot of things. Mileage is a big factor, and condition also. How far away is it? If it needs to be towed, I imagine it needs a bit of work. I have one with 84k in very nice condition, a lot of brand new parts and refinishing done on it. Brand new tires. I expect to get $5,000 - $5,500 for it. But you may need to do a lot of work to get anywhere near that kind of money for it. If it has fairly high mileage ( 125k+) you could probably get around $2500 for it if it's decently presentable and ready to drive.

Picked up mine for 1600.00. Needed pm3 work, clear is peeling, interior was complete but needed help. Had 102000 miles. I thought it was a good deal. Its my dd now, with winter though I am gonna put it away