New Member from Michigan

vipmiller803

Hello,

I have owned a 95 Buick Regal 2Dr with a 3.8 for about two years. It is black, pretty dinged up overall, but gets me places. I never drove a w-body before, but I have gotten a significant amount of experience with this car. Among quiet a few repairs, I have changed both the engine and trans in it at separate times. Some cool facts about it:

Replaced the transverse monoleaf rear spring with a steel three leaf one from a local spring shop - Did some light towing (Curt hitch) for a while before I got my jeep

Added a 16mm sway bar to the rear out of a Lumina - It did not have one stock

Added two trans coolers, one between condenser and radiator and one in front of condenser - Used to be just a small one then added another after the trans went

Replaced radiator with the thicker 1 1/4" core one - Needed replacement so I figured why not go big

Added an "overdrive off" button that simply does not allow TCC lockup by engaging the brake portion of the ECU - Will still go into fourth unless you have it in third

Added manual radiator fan control for the passenger side fan - Downstream trans cooler is there

Added mechanical oil pressure gauge - After engine went

Added a viper keyless entry with a kill switch for the ignition

Replaced the AC orifice tube with an auto-adjusting one - Nice and cold but now makes really weird non-compressor noises

Running it on 215-65-16's right now - So far so good

Will be adding trans temp gauge in the near future - Nothing fancy, just cooler inlet temperature on the outside of the steel line

I have enjoyed the car despite its mishaps and hope to have it for a while longer. As you can see, no performance upgrades, and with the bigger tires the buickness is really rather evident, but I am living with it.

I have found this site rather helpful most times and I thought it may be time to become a part of it, so here we are.

Thank you

Welcome! Where in MI? There's a bunch of us around the state

I am in the far south east. The city is Sterling Heights, about 15 miles north of Detroit. I see you are in Flint. Probably less than an hour away from here.

I am in the far south east. The city is Sterling Heights, about 15 miles north of Detroit. I see you are in Flint. Probably less than an hour away from here.

Oh yeah, not far at all. My wife has family all around madison heights as well, and my brother lives in waterford, so I'm in that general area a fair amount

• 2 weeks later...