Newbie with a 95 Grand Prix GTP

caddyshack

Hey all!

I'm certainly not new to W bodies, I've owned a few through the years as reliable, efficient, and inexpensive modes of transport (02 Impala LS and a 98 Grand Prix se thats still in the family) I'm also a die hard GM enthusiast and have owned everything from Corvettes to Syclones. One of my faves I recall as a kid was the 88 Grand Prix. I remember the front cover of the Motor Trend car of the year issue to this day with the white SE. It's always been a car I wanted.

Today I bought a 95 Grand Prix GTP coupe. It's blue with the cross lace wheels, black leather, and the 3.4 V6. It has 59,000 or so miles. Think its as loaded as they came and in great shape. Really looking forward to all the great info on this site. The 3.4 is far and away my biggest concern. I've heard so much negative about that engine it nearly scared me away from the car altogether. My Aunt is an assistant service manager at a GM dealership (been with GM since 1977) She hasn't seen one in years, but remembers them well (not in a good way)

Hoping to hear some advice on how to treat these engines and keep it running for years to come.

They aren't that hard, unless you're the type of guy that is afraid of a moth :lol: They're quirky and kinda wedged in, but nothing to be scared of. When you treat it right it will nuzzle you for years and you can enjoy it's warmth and cuddliness... but I digress.

Welcome to the site! :thumbsup: (it's late and I'm tired)