New Guy From Idaho

208_S/CRegal

Hi everyone, name's Dylan. Just bought my first W-Body on Friday, can't wait to start working on it. I have a 1999 Buick Regal GS, and so far it's great. It has 140k miles and runs and drives great, needs some bodywork and paint, and a few other things, needs new speakers for the radio, left rear window needs a motor, and need to find out why the fog lights don't work. Only things that have been done by previous owners are the Impala wheels, and for some reason the trunk and rear bumper are from a different car, maybe a Century? I bought the Regal as a second vehicle to drive while I slowly work on my 1991 Honda Civic RT4WD. Gonna restore the Civic but keep it stock for the most part, will turn the regal into my street/track car, hoping within the next couple years to have it running 12 second 1/4s. Looking forward to working on the Regal and learning a lot from the site. So, on to pics:

These are the only pics I have right now of the Regal

00E0E_llY8aT8NE1C_600x450_zpsry7nftei.jpg

00y0y_3oJy3bEuMz4_600x450_zpsnmvxjney.jpg

00l0l_cGZFxNoTBUC_600x450_zpsw74plqgu.jpg

00b0b_lI4jxNt2Qw5_600x450_zpsorwwcxi9.jpg

And a quick pic of my Honda, in case you don't know what my model is

4WD is fun...

IMAG1032-1_zps9bce226d.jpg

Let me know what you guys think, thanks!

Welcome to the site. The bumper looks correct to me, but the trunk looks from a Century.

Thanks for the welcome. The reason I think the bumper is different is because under the black both the trunk and bumper are the same color of green.

Welcome! That's a Regal rear bumper, Century's didn't have the two bump strip things on either side of the Buick engravement. But the trunk lid is for sure Century, because it doesn't sit flush with the top of the bumper. Regal trunk lids were long enough to come down to meet the bumper, whereas the Century bumpers look to curve upwards to meet the trunk.

Thanks for the welcomes. Hoping to do an intake soon... I'm wondering if anyone knows where we can get headers for these cars?

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

There aren't a lot of places to get NEW headers anymore, besides ZZP($700) and eBay($199-$400)

Best bet IMO is to start prowling the classifieds on any 3800 site(try RegalGS.org) to find some nice headers like SLP or TOGs. I don't like the eBay junk headers, they need a bunch of massaging and additional work to be installed and working correctly.

There aren't a lot of places to get NEW headers anymore, besides ZZP($700) and eBay($199-$400)

Best bet IMO is to start prowling the classifieds on any 3800 site(try RegalGS.org) to find some nice headers like SLP or TOGs. I don't like the eBay junk headers, they need a bunch of massaging and additional work to be installed and working correctly.

Thanks for the info, used is fine by me, I'm not looking for new and shiny, just functional. Right now I'm just gauging prices, it'd probably be a bit until I could start buying parts. My plan for the car in the next few years(less if I pick up a second PT job or get a better paying job haha) is to get some headers, make a CAI, custom exhaust, then do an Intense Racing Stage 3 package, that should put the car at least in the low 300s for HP and probably mid 300s for torque. May even get the SC rebuilt and ported/polished, should give a little extra power. I'm hoping to be able to get at least low 13s out of the car after that.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

• 1 month later...

I have Speed Daddy headers from ebay on my GTP and have had 0 issues with them. I know a lot of people who run them on Facebook as well as other forums. I would will ingly modify a set of 250 dollar headers for better fitment than spend 400+ on a set that might fit a little bit better.