New member long time gearhead car lover with lots of questions.

pontiac5519

Hey all,

Thanks for the welcome.

I'm a redneck gearhead and I say that with a lot of pride. I have a variety/fleet of vehicles and I love them all.

We have a 92 and a 94 Cutlass Supreme both 3.4 and both have had the same problem with the driver's window coming out of the track. It is currently fixed with a used window out of a used door we had bought years ago.

The deal is that there is a clip that is bonded to the window at the top back edge of the door. The clip hooks into the track itself just on one side of the track. Through usage, the hook part breaks off and allows the window to come out of the track. If there is a repair clip available all that would have to be done is bond it on below the original and you're good to go, the window wouldn't even have to come out. Otherwise you're looking for the whole used window to repeat the problem down the road.

It's just one of those impossible to find parts that most of you have hunted for so here I am.

I could see fabricating one but it's fairly small.

Any help locating this clip if there is one available would be greatly appreciated, or even suggestions in fabrication.

I'm currently building a custom 92 v8 S10 and the theme is quality doesn't have to be expensive. Oh, the kicker is that it will have a 94 cutlass supreme vinyl nose and custom grille, headlights and so on.

Chris