Innsurance

KarenL2888

A long time ago like 5 or 6 years ago I used Haggerty classic car insurance and that was pretty cheap like 200-300 dollars per year. That was like 500 personal miles and unlimited miles to car shows or club events. That was on a 65 Corvair. It seemed all there classics had a insurance price like that.

Currently on my 94 I have AAA and I have it insured for 5000 dollars and I drive it 500 to 1000 miles a year and that cost me 30 dollars and some change every month during the summer.

Just tell them its a pleasure or leisure vehicle. When its time for winter storage you get fire and theft for 12 bucks all winter. So that is pretty cheap and keeps your car safe incase something happens.

Just tell them its a pleasure or leisure vehicle. When its time for winter storage you get fire and theft for 12 bucks all winter. So that is pretty cheap and keeps your car safe incase something happens.

I'm not sure the whole "storage insurance" thing applies in Pennsylvania (where OP lives). I'm pretty sure here a vehicle either IS insured or NOT insured. And taking insurance off of a vehicle forfeits your registration and license plate.

That's good to know Nate, I may look into that for teh GTP in the future, since I don't run it all winer. I usually take insurance off and garage it

I need to look into getting my cutlass insured for what it's worth.Kinda have not done that! I would be out big if it ever got wrecked! I think this year I am going to look into haggerty again.

And what is a 91 worth.....fully restored? Inside and out....rebuilt 3.1
$2000 would be generous given the scam that insurance is. They do not take into consideration what kind of personal value the car has to the owner, only what it would take to repair it should something happen. Get a bumper damaged or window busted might not be an issue, have a truck scrape into your rear quarter panel and they will want to total out the car. Had a repair quote of about $3000 and my insurance wanted to take the car, I jut assume fix it myself now.

Also This...