Transverse Spring Isolator Pad

shurup

Rubber pads under the springs squeaked badly and I decided to install Transverse Spring Isolator Pad MOOG Part # K6544. A year later, my spring has been damaged due to these pads. I pasted the new Leaf Spring Insulator DORMAN Prt # 31066. Made from a new PTFE pads for reduced wear rubber insulator. All stages can be seen in the photo.post-6315-14368914974_thumb.jpg

post-6315-143689149688_thumb.jpg

post-6315-143689149704_thumb.jpg

post-6315-143689149724_thumb.jpg

post-6315-143689149757_thumb.jpg

post-6315-143689149768_thumb.jpg

I decided to install Transverse Spring Isolator Pad MOOG Part # K6544. A year later, my spring has been damaged due to these pads.[ATTACH=CONFIG]15064[/ATTACH]

1. I'm not sure how a fractured spring is the fault of the nylon Moog pads.

2. Where in Russia are you from?

• 4 months later...

If you followed the directions of the K6544 part, you were supposed to remove the old pads before installing the parts. Your pictures showed that you used both the K6544, and the Dorman pads.

I am/was under the assumption that one is suppose to use both pucks and pads from previous inquiries here. Either way I`d at least sand down the tips of the leaf spring or the notch the rest in to smooth out everything possible seeing how things will be rubbing under pressure.

The instruction leaflet I received with the K6544's indicated that the old pads should have been completely removed prior to installing the nylon blocks/K6544's. And use of both simultaneously wasn't indicated -- it is an "either/or" situation.