1989 TGP Model

Heartbeat1991

I finally got around to building my TGP model. I've had it for several years. It's not done yet, but pretty darn close.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]14979[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]14981[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]14980[/ATTACH]

do i see the slightest hint of a grid pattern on the taillamps?

It's there. But it's molded into the inside of the tail light. So painting black on the inside won't show right on the outside. I might see what I can do to get them painted on the outside.

More Pics. Finished product.

post-9474-14368914968_thumb.jpg

Taken with my iPhone 4S. Sorry about the quality.

post-9474-143689149618_thumb.jpg

post-9474-143689149627_thumb.jpg

post-9474-143689149635_thumb.jpg

post-9474-143689149644_thumb.jpg

post-9474-143689149653_thumb.jpg

post-9474-143689149665_thumb.jpg

post-9474-143689149673_thumb.jpg

Edited by Heartbeat1991

Tis' a work of art! i don't have one because i feel it would not turn out that nicely

You never know until you try :)

You lost me on the crack on the crossover pipe . .

I was limited to the quirks the model came molded in. I don't know what you mean by 5 speed transaxle, but that's an automatic tranny, but with a 5 speed shifter in the console.

The overflow bottle, missing air filter box, Vacuum brakes, the plenum (which I didn't know was prototype) and wheels were out of my control. I just did the best I could with what was there. The model was sold in 1989, so it was likely modeled from the prototype car anyway. The model company was already making a 1989 GP SE so I assume they just tweaked the molds a little to make a TGP. I have 3 copies of the SE model as well.

They're notorious for cracking :lol:

That's what I figured he meant. But it's not correct anyway. LOL It has no flex or heat shield. :)

You lost me on the crack on the crossover pipe . .

I was limited to the quirks the model came molded in. I don't know what you mean by 5 speed transaxle, but that's an automatic tranny, but with a 5 speed shifter in the console.

The overflow bottle, missing air filter box, Vacuum brakes, the plenum (which I didn't know was prototype) and wheels were out of my control. I just did the best I could with what was there. The model was sold in 1989, so it was likely modeled from the prototype car anyway. The model company was already making a 1989 GP SE so I assume they just tweaked the molds a little to make a TGP. I have 3 copies of the SE model as well.

I was just messing with you while pointing out some differences I spotted vs. the production cars. :thumbsup: Here's one of the proto/pre-production plenums.

xlQRnMN.jpg

Edited by mfewtrail

I was just messing with you while pointing out some differences I spotted vs. the production cars. :thumbsup: Here's one of the proto/pre-production plenums.

xlQRnMN.jpg

I've never seen that plenum before. I assumed they just screwed it up on the model. I think I like the production one much better.

• 3 weeks later...

Awesome job!!! :thumbsup: I believe yours is the only other TGP model I've seen posted in the forum. I love how you painted the cross-laced wheels. Now I wish I would have used the original wheels in my TGP model I put together back in 96'. Maybe I'll get to put together the other one in the box and do the RED version!

I've posted the pictures a while back (2006?), but since then they've been removed. I'll have to take it out of the case and take new pictures one of these days and repost as links.