Turbo Gaskets?

Gibby

I took the turbo off for cleaning and to check if rebuild was needed. There was not a gasket on downpipe, or corssover. Whats with that? Do we not use gaskets? I cant help but feel that isnt sealing perfect.

Where do you get them from? Autozone or somewhere like that?

Online. Search for T-25 gasket and you'll find some universal ones if you choose to use them.

If it was sealed w/o the gaskets before, you don't need them. If it was in fact not sealing, then a gasket can be used OR you could have the surfaces machined flat again.

I don't think they come with gaskets. Pretty sure the turbo that came on my car was the original, and it didn't have gaskets. I put the new one on without gaskets too and it seems to be okay.

They don't come with gaskets on them. But there are gaskets available, and they are pretty cheap. I prefer to put them in there. Can't hurt it.

sounds good, I didnt use gaskets putting it back together because I wasnt sure where to get them. And now I really dont want to go through the trouble all over again to put gaskets in :lol: