How do you get rid of the squeaking interior?

Senor PuffPuff

I don't have a super serious system yet, but still when I have my subs cranked literally EVERY piece of the interior shakes and rattles together.

Anyone else had this problem? How did you solve it?

I'm thinking of just getting some thin foam weatherstripping and jamming it between everything so it at least can't make noise...

I used a type of foam tape on my GP. I would trim to size and put it around the edges of trim pieces. Seem to work really well. Also check your plastic clips if they are broken replace them.

Yeah I'd hunt down the squeaks/rattles and check to see if the clips are broken or loose. Or do like Nate said and start using small foam tape.

I'm glad I don't have a system anymore, I hated the rattle

Just wear earplugs.:lohl:

Joking aside, I had thought to use that spray aerosol rubber stuff on different parts of the dash, properly masked off. I don't have anything in the trunk but have different noises all over too. I figured it would fill in some of the gaps that formed over the years and sort of hold everything together tighter without using a permanent adhesive. I might go pick up a can later and try it out.

As for squeaking if the parts are fastened, but still squeak, you can use wet or dry silicon spray where the rubbing is happening. The parts will still move, but no squeaking.