1988 Pikes Peak TGP

ACTdryice

It was last seen in Colorado when a member here that previously had a performance shop did some work on it(basically de-modded the interior to be more stock-like at the owners request).

It was "destickered", the roll cage removed, the water sprayer removed, and sold to an unknown person at a unknown location. I tried to track it down to possibly purchase it earlier this year with no luck.

Anyone know where the pulled parts ended up?

TRASH! It appears it was run through Mecum auctions back in July of 2010. It's not clear if it sold or not. Reserve was $3200.00. I'm sure you could contact them and see if they know anything.

"TRASH! It appears it was run through Mecum auctions back in July of 2010. It's not clear if it sold or not. Reserve was $3200.00. I'm sure you could contact them and see if they know anything."

The parts all went in scrap metal and the trash...the owner at the time didnt care about the significance of the history of the car, he just wanted to make it street legal and try to rent it.

I've seen the guys name who did the work on it after the new owner bought it, but I can't find the thread? Rent it?? Who would want to rent a 20 plus year old car? Maybe if it had retained the PP equipment!

Talked to the new owner, it just changed hands about a month ago. He collects mid to late 80's American made turbo charged cars, he knows what he has and claims it to the very first ever turbo charged GP period! It's in the mid west, I think he was pretty surprised that I found him, he is supposed to be sending me pictures but nothing yet. From what I can tell he wants to be left alone to play with his cars, which I can get. Seems nice enough though. More info to come!....

TRASH! It appears it was run through Mecum auctions back in July of 2010. It's not clear if it sold or not. Reserve was $3200.00. I'm sure you could contact them and see if they know anything.

It looks like it went through 2 auctions in 2010. Indianapolis in May, and Des Moines in July. It sold in the May auction for $2,600. And then sold again at the July auction for the $3,200.

What's odd though is that the pictures for the May auction show the car stripped of the cage, and all of the stickers minus the 62's on the doors and hood. The pictures for the July auction show the car fully decked out minus the cage it appears.

He told me it was very clean, since Mecum at sat in a dealers garage, the dealer confirmed that as well. It is fully stickered still and no cage of course, the guy would love the cage back, I told him I believe that it is gone. If I don't get pictures this weekend I will send him another email or call him. If he does decide to sell it he has my info and said I was on the very short list, he however isn't ready to do so as he has only had it for about a month, he paid 4500 for it!

http://www.mecum.com/auctions/lot_detail.cfm?LOT_ID=IA0710-96138&entryRow=299

here is the most recent auction, with decals back on it. Pretty cool that someone got them put back. I'd imagine with some pictures a cage builder could faithfully reproduce the cage it had.

I can't find any links to the other auctions...

I will tell you from having seen / sat in it, and even checked on it before it left CO that ALL stickers were removed when it was at KAZ motorsports.

I think I have some pics of the roll cage in it, I'll look tonight on home computer, and can let you or the current owner know about it via P.M.

I'm not sure that he is on here, but I'm sure he would like to see your pics. I will have to email him again I haven't heard back from with any current pictures of the car!....