Low Coolant Light Flickers

93 conv

The low coolant light on my '93 Olds Cutlass convertible flickers, but the coolant level is fine and the car runs cool. It's probably a connection in the sending unit I'm guessing. How can I check this?

Thank you.

Yes it is box shaped. The connector comes from the bottom, and you really cant see it from up top. I just replaced mine for the 2nd time in a year. If you take off the strut tower brace, it gives you a lot more room to get your arm down in there. Mine did the flickering, plus lit dimly, then on solid thing for a few weeks before I replaced it.

If you need to replace it, a 6" 90* pick works the best for getting the little steel/wire clip off of it.

I recently experienced this problem even though the fluid was at the top. If air gets in the system, an air bubble must cause the light to come on incorrectly. The solution was to bleed the system from all air. There are 2 bleeder valves in the engine bay for coolent, you will need to idle the car until coolant comes out of booth, let it bleed for a minute or so. You will then need to top off the system again. My light has stayed off ever since performing the bleeding process.