Replacement air filter?? K&N

ACTdryice

So I ordered a K&N air filter for my 89 TGP and I could tell as soon as I opened the box that it was to big.. So I went on their website, they didnt have 89, but they have 90 listed, I beleave them to be the same..they have it listed at roughly 7'x11.5' just measured my old filter and its roughly 4'x9' anybody know a part number to get a replacement filter?? any help would help.

I'm guessing they sent you one for any old 3.1 N/A Car. The TGP's factory air intake just stole a filter from Tempest/Somerset/Cavalier/Beretta parts bin.

Unless you are really wanting to keep the stock intake setup I'd ditch the whole setup and just get a K&N cone filter and put it right on the turbo inlet. I forget the part number for that though.

there is a few suitable ones and I can only remember RU/1390 off the top of my head because it has been years.

seems like there is an even better fitting one though.

the blow-by from the valve cover can be directed back in the turbo. I like buying a pre bent 90 degree hose from a parts store that way I can just poke a hole in the end of the K/N filter and it goes in straight. then I just run a barb to the "question mark" shaped stock hose that comes on the TGP stock box.