gen 2 w body mag steer racks will fit gen 1 ws

l67ss

• 4 months later...

To set some guys right on wrong info, turns lock to lock hve nothing to dp with the ratio(how fast therack is) that just refers to how far the rack will move the wheels. Example, an 87 iroc and an 87 monte ss have the same ratio but diff turns lock to lock. That is because the iroc has bigger tires

If one complete turn of the steering wheel, 360 degrees, causes the wheels to turn 24 degrees, the ratio is then 360:24 = 15:1 (360/24=15).

HOWEVER, since we're talking "w's" here, and all W's have similar limits of motion for the front wheels, checking lock to lock is a reasonable way to determine which rack you might happen to encounter in the junkyard.

Edited by Galaxie500XL

I use wiki lol. Unsure of current lock to lock of my cuerent rack(01 regal) but it has a 13.2:1 ratio(as do 00-05 montes and i THINK impalas)

If one complete turn of the steering wheel, 360 degrees, causes the wheels to turn 24 degrees, the ratio is then 360:24 = 15:1 (360/24=15).

HOWEVER, since we're talking "w's" here, and all W's have similar limits of motion for the front wheels, checking lock to lock is a reasonable way to determine which rack you might happen to encounter in the junkyard.

Finally found specs for my rack. 13.2:1 ratio, 2.39 turns lock to lock.

I use wiki lol. Unsure of current lock to lock of my cuerent rack(01 regal) but it has a 13.2:1 ratio(as do 00-05 montes and i THINK impalas)