Hi everyone! New Owner ... long time borrower

PTAaron

Hey everyone!

I've been hanging around for a while - thought I would introduce myself.

I'm a LONGTIME Merkur XR4Ti guy - I started the Michigan Merkur Owners Network back in the mid 90's, and I've almost exclusively driven those for nearly 20 years. My latest XR4Ti had some driveline issues over a year ago, and I borrowed my mother in-law's '94 Cutlass Supreme. After fixing the driveline of the XR, I took it out and the turbo blew up (big mess... compressor wheel snapped off...) and I ended up driving the Cutlass even longer...

Anyway - to get to the point: I've now purchased the Cutlass for $1 from my in-laws, and sold the XR. It seemed like the logical thing to do since I've already replaced the tires, brakes, rear suspension mounts, ignition coil, ECT, spark plugs, driver's door handle, and countless other parts on the Cutlass since I've been driving it. It is kind of nice to have a car right now that doesn't have the A/C removed to make room for a bigger intercooler!

I am glad I found this place - it is full of great information and helpful people. I'm hoping with the help of the forum, I can keep the Cutlass running for a long time! Right now it is at 174,000 miles - and the only major problem is a special access hole that goes from the rear passenger fender into the trunk. I consider it ventilation ;)

Welcome! I miss my old xr4ti...

ff69d961.jpg

Nice!

I had to sell mine while the turbo was still blown up - if I had installed the new one I never would have let it go!

They're stupid quick when you tweak them a bit. I had no idea. The previous owner of my ex's had a bigger turbo, head and cam(eslinger?) and some supporting mods and that thing scooted the fuck out. But demodded before she got it, and then it became the PITA :lol: