Idle issue while braking intermittent

Silentkillzr

Hey guys, just curious for some advice on my gf's 95 GP SE 3.1. It intermittently has an idle issue while braking, when it does do it, its idles down to 500 ish rpm and goes back up to 1000. When its acting up it will do this for the duration of the braking and idle back once stopped. Driving around is fine. Any Ideas?

perhaps tap into something to keep watch of system voltage while this happens? i've seen some weird idling characteristics happen due to a voltage swing before.

also, have you verified it via sound/datastream that the engine speed is actually changing? these clusters aren't the most stable.

Seems to be only when moving and occasion when sitting at the light. It definitely is idling weird. Her cars loud enough to hear it. I'll haven't got the chance to data log it. I'll try and do that soon when it acts up again

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

do try and get the weird idle and a normal idle in the same log, a lot easier to draw conclusions when you have both a "normal" and "bad" situation to look at.

It usually won't go back to normal unless you let it cool off. Seems to also happen in summer

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

hmm.... i had a bad TPS cause something very similar to this before... definitely get a datalog, if so, it will stick out pretty badly.