Anyone know what these clips are?

urbex

Does anyone have any idea what these clips are? I have no idea what they are called, and can't find any info on them to replace them. They hold a piece of weatherstripping down on the rear doors, but I have to ruin them to take them off to fix the rust. I suppose I might be able to drill it back on, but these would be much easier.

post-5969-143689134407_thumb.jpg

post-5969-143689134413_thumb.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

I've never seen anything like them before, and was hoping maybe someone has a good suggestion.... thanks!

Best bet is to hunt online like ePay or go to your local AutoZone/Advance/Napa/Oreillys/Pepboys/Federated. Thats how Ive found a few obscure clips in the past.

I've seen something similar at Lowes. They do carry some pieces like that.

http://www.parts.com/parts/1999/CHEVROLET/LUMINA/?siteid=2&vehicleid=1353473&diagram=CR95470&itemAdded

http://www.newgmparts.com/parts/1999/CHEVROLET/LUMINA/?siteid=213815&vehicleid=1353462&diagram=CR95470

Part no. 8, come with the entire weatherstrip.

Edited by ManicMechanic

Yeah, I don't get it. It says it comes with the weatherstrip, but I was able to find them through the dealer, but they didn't come with any....

I'm thinking maybe they're something like this?:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009ANASD2/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_1?pf_rd_p=1535523722&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B0040CVU3A&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0M2JRCKGHEFJ00C1D4Q1

I'll have to check the exact size though.

If you can get me any closer pictures of a clip, removed would be better. My work sells those for sure, fairly common. Most bodyshops should have some they might sell ya, but you can get them from just about anywhere. I'll see if I can spot anything similar next time I'm back in the warehouse

Have a feeling it's one of these but hard to tell from your pics. CRX458 is probably one of the more common numbers. If you can come across the OEM number somewhere that'd help.

yidGCDI.png

Sweet, I'll see what I can find on monday. If you get me the head diameter and overall length I can compare against that then.

PS: For what it's worth it looks closest to gm 3065575

I'm thinking either that or the CRX126 (GM 20451401)

I just took a quick measurement, and they're about 1/2" in diameter, and about 1/2" long.

Alright, I'll take a look at that site and see if I can find anything. Even if it's close enough to work, I don't care if it's not the exact same.

Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

Had I even taken the time to open the box of the weatherstripping, I would have seen that the clips are actually attached to them already....:roll:

Problem solved! :lol: