Hard to believe HP status

kfahn

Awesome looking car, but I somehow doubt he's hitting 260 HP especially considering he's running a 3.1 w/out any super/turbo charging. I don't think that CAI he's got is going to net him 120 HPs over stock. If so, where can I buy one!? :D

the thing is, it's not even a true CAI, it's right in the location where it'll hurt performance more than help! Too much hot air! But yeah, I gotta get me one of those cones for 120 hp! :lol: :lol:

for one reason or another, i can not stand the idea of headlight covers, i mean, they look good, but they seem as though they would darken your headlights so much. Is this a right assumption seeing as i have never seen these in person on one of our cars?

I saw that car earlier today. I hadn't noticed that it's got a 3100...but now that I look again, it definitely does. Take a closer look at the hood though, kfahn...the louvres are there. Either it's a GTP that is or has been owned by a complete moron...or it's a fake with all exterior GTP things.

for one reason or another, i can not stand the idea of headlight covers, i mean, they look good, but they seem as though they would darken your headlights so much. Is this a right assumption seeing as i have never seen these in person on one of our cars?

Thats the reason i like them, they look good. But definately darken the lights, which i cannot stand, and thats why i will not get them.

it seems as though there is a good amount of air flow through the headlights as well, which must cool the engine some, i wonder if there is any effect in the way of a hotter engine? I know that there is definetly a good amount of air through there seeing as some people have put "CAI's" behind the headlights

Hmm... not sure. Like on the berettas, there is a egg-crate grill and a solid grill. With either grill, the airflow is the same, and the engine doesn't warm up any faster with the solid. Seems wierd to me.

he;s got the nasty silver interior and his car could be one like mine that he actually put the badgiing on though, like i wouldn't claim 215 hp and that it's a z34! That car is nice but needs charcoal interior and no red under the hood, i love the paint, but other than that the guy is a fuck tard!

he did leave a post backing up his claim, with this as his performance upgrades

Guys it is a true GTP with the delete option on the

motor. I have 62mm TB, upper and lower pp,head work,

Dynomax exhaust 160 stat cai,and and few other surprises

you could order our delete any option on this car.

Hmm, well if he can pull that many horses out of a 3100 n/a, i can't wait to get my engine built up better than that, and supercharged!

amen to that, just i pity your trans!

"you could delete any option on this car"??? WTF so it's all bolt ons. Ecept the head work that he claims and the P&P which together could possibly give about 60 horse. What a penis pumper.

I tried getting a good look at his engine and I couldnt tell if it is a 3100 or a 3400 they both look the same but 260hp :bs: Didnt some of the GTPS come with 3400s instead of the 3.4?

Well Guys.... Here is something to ponder...

all 3100 series engines have cast iron blocks and Alumnuim heads right?

Well I heard that Mel's engine is all aluminum.. INCLUDING the block.. Magnet will not stick to block..

Soooooo Crate engine maybe..?? All Alumium racing Bowtie block here????

He hopes to get a dyno done soon. I think we'll try to get Engineered performance (Dyno Jeff) here in GA. to test it. Then we'll see what its running.. I for one would really like to know. His tranny has been rebuilt once already....