Need help

Deere7020

Have a 1991 cutlass supreme sl 3.4 liter won't start changed fuel pump strainer, and filter. Have fuel to test valve. Also have spark but when cranked. Won't start. Also checked plugs and they are dry. Need some help please

Are you positive (since you say it's a 3.4) that the timing belt hasn't packed it in, and the car is not out of time?

Have a 1991 cutlass supreme sl 3.4 liter won't start changed fuel pump strainer, and filter. Have fuel to test valve. Also have spark but when cranked. Won't start. Also checked plugs and they are dry. Need some help please

sounds like the timing belt either went, or one of the pulleys. If you're getting spark and fuel, pull the belt inspection cover off (2 8mm bolts) and make sure it's all good

From my understanding 91-95 are non interference and 96-97 are interference because of the redesigning of the heads and intake manifolds

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 2

From my understanding 91-95 are non interference and 96-97 are interference because of the redesigning of the heads and intake manifolds

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 2

Thanks will check tomorrow. Appreciate the help

A compression test will tell that tale.

I'd expect at least some of the plugs to be wet if the timing belt choked and puked.

First guess: No injector spray. Will it run on starting fluid/aerosol carb cleaner?

You can use one, but a test light works just the same. I just went through this on my '92. Unfortunately with that batch-fire setup of the MPFI, if even one injector goes bad, specifically if it shorts with a low internal resistance (my #5 cylinder injector ohm'd out at .4 ohms. Spec is 9-13 ohms), the ECM will disable all of the injectors since they all share the same ground (though the ECM uses 2 drivers:think: I haven't figured out why that is exactly).

How so I check that? With a noid tester?

I used a regular old 194 automotive lamp spread out into the injector plug. However I got lucky and the first one I unplugged (cyl 4, front) just so happened to be the bad one and when I tried to check for pulse the car jumped to life. :lol:

I used a regular old 194 automotive lamp spread out into the injector plug. However I got lucky and the first one I unplugged (cyl 4, front) just so happened to be the bad one and when I tried to check for pulse the car jumped to life. :lol:

Update on car changed injector and idle air control valve. Got it to run but idles at 3000 rpm and when give it gas it just jumps around 3000/3500