Falken Ziex ZE-912...

pwmin

SUCK ASS! This is the second one I've had the sidewall bubble out on. I bought them last year, so I've only been running it for 6 months since they're summer tires. The first one was probably my fault since I screwed up the bead on the inside. I'm replacing them with other tires...fuck these POS's. Has anyone else run these?

Haven't you? I thought there were some crummy Ziex's on the GTP when I bought it, and Luke didn't put many miles on it. Gonna get the Sport Comp 2's you wanted last time?

Haven't you? I thought there were some crummy Ziex's on the GTP when I bought it, and Luke didn't put many miles on it. Gonna get the Sport Comp 2's you wanted last time?
no cant remember what i had on there...might have been mastercraft avenger lsr. No cant afford them right now and i wanted something i could get right away through my dads shop. Hopefully after these wear out ill be able to get something better. Just getting some cooper rs3-a...it was either them or ecsta ast.

So you're saying that these Falken Tires, falken' suck?

Yep lol

we sell these tires at work. Yes they are junk. low to mid price range. crappy mileage. better off with economy tires or spend more and get a better tire. i had falken 512's on the wheels when i first got them. deff hated them. wore out fast. did not grip either.

I would recommend the BFG supersports, pilot exalto's, primacy mxv4's, if you dont plan to do much highway driving them some eagle Gt's

my dad and i both have falken 512's, he's got all four i just have the back 2 and plan on getting 2 for the front fairly soon, neither of us have had problems with them.

Got Falken 912's on the AE86 and the 89 gp as far as wear goes they were great but traction just okay. I have Cooper RS3-A 245 50 16 on the tgp and I love them. They are quite, and after about 1000miles they start to breakin and start to grab alot better. Rain and snow is decent as well. so I vote Coopers.

Edited by Mach 5

yeah, it's possible. I've always thought about getting them (the 512's before), but always got something different. They were extremely difficult to get on the wheel because the bead is really stiff even if the sidewalls aren't so much so. They always chirped, too, even on regular launches. Hopefully I can afford Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3 next time around...if it's even worth spending that much on tires for what it is. Or even better yet, if they start making something again in 245/45 that's decent.

Not surprising to hear about Falken's. They really are just budget tires with a semi-agressive looking tread pattern. Save your pennies and get something better.

• 1 month later...

I am on my second set of the 512's in 245/50ZR16 and have been pleased, have not had any problems with them. They're quiet, ride well and handle just fine, though this is my DD and I don't drive it especially hard. They were the first tires I had on the car that pointed straight and didn't spin on full throttle with the LQ1. They are out of production now so it'll be my last set, haven't decided what to take my chances on next.