SILVERSTAR bulbs.

NORBI

Hey i (borowed) four Silverstar bulbs 9006 and 9005 from my job (thats what you get for not paying enough) for my 02 Aurora and got rid of those APC Ultra White bulbs and what a difference. Those things are just like somebody said earlier closest thigs to the HIDs. All the other bulbs, Ultra White, Super White, Cool Blue etc.. are nothing compared to SilverStars. They are worth the money you pay. :lol: :lol: 8) :lol: :lol:

sssshhhhhhhhhh dont tell my boss.

Of course they’re worth it you dolt – you got them for free. LOL

In terms of appearance for visibility sake, they have a lot of value. The problem is their life expectancy due to the fact that in order to produce such high candle-power, the lamp must burn extremely hot. Daylight = 5400 degrees K; HID burn at 4200 degrees K; Standard replacement halogens burn at 3200 degrees K; Silverstar halogen bulbs and sealed-beam lamps burn at 4000 degrees K. That’s pretty impressive, but those 200 degrees still represent a massive gap in lumens output.

That problem I mentioned? They must burn hotter, meaning their life-expectancy is averaged to about 50% of a standard lamp. They are reasonably priced; however, when compared to HID or even standard replacement lamps. One just has to consider how much time they think they’ll require their use.

The biggest issue is daytime running lamps. If there was a way to use a lower output setting, these things wouldn’t burn up as quickly as they say they will.

I still use the Cool Blue’s – no, not blue output crap, but simple Sylvania Xenon filled lamps to give me a whiter light. There’s not necessarily more output or heat involved, just less yellow tinge and more white.

Of course they don't make Silverstar sealed units for the coupe model GP's :/

u can make your own, i've seen it done, just get rid of the gluw holding the stick one in and seal it up when you get the silverstar bulb , lots of guys have soen it but take your time. Later Jay