Floating Amp: JL

Garrett Powered

I have been working in the trunk the last few days. I made a steel amp mount with some telescoping steel tubing that fits inside, between sizes. works real good and I didn't even need a set screw.

026_zps4c8e9137.jpg

027_zps3b3a1147.jpg

029_zps63f58453.jpg

030_zpsd275bdd6.jpg

031_zps25af89e5.jpg

032_zps716b97a3.jpg

042_zps815e3788.jpg

045_zps2b7dd49d.jpg

039_zps1b3831cd.jpg

Got the setup installed. not sure what I was talking about above about it being easy. it was completely painless once I did that welding.

001_zpse6d5f6f3.jpg

002_zps10a6253c.jpg

completely floating and firmly mounted.

003_zps6ad77a11.jpg

004_zpsd10201a6.jpg

forgot to tuck the wires and finish all the cosmetics but looks like a trunk again. and it SLAPS!!

I think I have most of the rattles and buzzes nailed down or soon in the near future. I already foamed the trunklid in. :D

005_zps6a3a4496.jpg

such a beautiful car, so jealous! Install looks nice. What exactly is the benefit of a floating amp installation, airflow? Also, gonna put the carpet back in?

I guess? I don't really know, that's just what I am calling it. :shrug:

I have all the carpet still, guess I should put that in next. and the top bar in the las pic looked tweaked down.

• 1 month later...

just ordered this: http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_9846_Rockford-Fosgate-RFC10HB.html

pretty sure I smoked this battery not having a cap already. these JL amps are good at finding weak points in your car's power grid. well, I guess I didn't have a power grid, with no cap or battery in the trunk. knew that wouldn't last.

how many FOOLS you guys know puttin $359 CAPACITORS it they car systems? let me guess.

my other car has something similar. so does my other other car.