anyone know of a 5 spd STE?

chronic139

im not 100% positive here, but i think they quit making the STE in 1990 and the first 5 speed DOHC cars were 1991-1993 after that they all went automatic.

not sure if the SE or GT of those years had the DOHC 5 speed or not, but my 1991 GTP is a DOHC 5 speed.

i think you could get a 5 speed in the 2.8L-3.1L from 1988-1993 pretty rare, and even more rare in the 2.3L DOHC quad4

matthew

there are very few 5-speed/dohc cars period, let alone on a STE platform. yes, there may be a few, but your chances of finding one, in good condition, running right, is not probable. hell, a DOHC-5speed GP is super rare, and a 5-speed cutty is even rarer.

im not 100% positive here, but i think they quit making the STE in 1990 and the first 5 speed DOHC cars were 1991-1993 after that they all went automatic.

They made the STE from '90-'93, I believe. In '90, the Turbo version was available, with a N/A 3.1 being standard. From '91-'93, all STE's got the 3.4 DOHC. There was never a 5-speed STE produced from the factory (I think). There are a few aftermarket jobs around.

WOW where are you people getting your information?

1990 advalible where the 3.1 Turbo with only an automatic only ste to have louvers. only 1000 made

and the 3.1 N/A with manual standard and auto as an option over 1300 with the 5spd

1991 3.1L manual was standard with a automatic option.

the 3.4 came with an automatic standard and optional 5spd

about 1500 total 3.1/3.4 with the 5spd about 200-250 where 3.4's

1992 3.1L manual was standard with a automatic option the 3.4 came with an automatic standard and optional 5spd only 5X 3.4 5spds and about 1100 3.1 5spds

1993 was the last year of GM w body platform to have a 5spd and no 5spds avalible for the STE model

1994 NO STE's

1995-96 the Sports sedan came back with a Sport model GT. which had the little louvers like on the 94+ GTP's

yeah I looked at a 92 STE 3.4 5 speed in April, guy wanted $2400. Someone was selling an STE in Canada for $2000 CAN that needed a head gasket, not sure if it was a 5 speed or not. Check the for sale section.

why Have I seen the STE's with a 3.1 then? The STE was available with the 3.1, standard I believe. The STE did not have a 5 speed as an option. Pontiac had about 1500 5-speeds from their line total from 91-93, however they were available before that. 91 had more than 92 had more than 93. How many came mated to the 3.4...who knows. Now where did you get your info?

The STE did not have a 5 speed as an option. Pontiac had about 1500 5-speeds from their line total from 91-93, however they were available before that.

What about the fact that a buddy of mine had an STE with the 3.1 mated to a 5-speed, and then a few months back there was a 3.4 5-speed STE for sale on eBay? The were rare, but they do exist.

The STE did not have a 5 speed as an option.

Hmm, so where did the beat-to-shit 3.4, 5 speed Silver STE that I seen a few years ago come from then?

Get your facts straight. :roll:

im not questioning whether or not the STE exists with a 5 spd because i know it does. I was just hoping that someone nay know of one that could come up for sale soon thanks again.

Skalor: I just looked at that first link you put up. Man, if I want to go leather on my TSTE, I'm going to need the entire interior. It's all dark grey on the leather equipped STEs where as the cloth ones are 2 toned. This is going to be one serious pain, but the looks are WELL worth it!

im not questioning whether or not the STE exists with a 5 spd because i know it does. I was just hoping that someone nay know of one that could come up for sale soon thanks again.

I wasn't responding to you, I was responding to some naysayers. :P

I wish you luck in your STE search, and I understand where you're coming from in searching for such a car. I'm always looking for a '89-'90 Olds Ciera International 2 door!!! I see a gray one all the time, and one of these days I'm going to ask the guy if he wants to sell it. :D

Wow, I never knew much about the STE's since I never see any around here. I didn't even know they were available with manuals, since I had never seen any. I think I just found my new dream car.

Hyeboy, I don't believe all leather STE's had a different color combo. Those links are of the 91-93 models, which have a different combo anyways than the 90.