bigger exhuast?

redgrandprix

should i put larger exhuast piping after the downpipe? would it really make a difference, a guy doing my exhuast recommended that i should since its a turbo. specifically it would probably be 2.5 inch if i did but i don't really have the money right now

Edited by redgrandprix

if you don't have the money right now, I will say this. either look into a DOHC catback with some good flowing tips, or an e- cutout. my 3" exhaust done right sounded way bigger than a 3.1 should ever sound. sounded like..... i need to get that bish back on the road. :lol:

well its done i'll post some pics of the tips i had put on the car is already pretty loud the guy who did just suggested it so it could breathe better and "make more power" but my dad pointed out the obvious that it could drop my torque so i figured i would get some opinions.

the best thing would be about 12" of 3" straight pipe off the back of the turbo

but since that wont work or be quiet id say stick in the largest dia mandrel bent pipe behind it that you can and keep the noise from causing your ears to bleed.

you dont want any flow restriction downstream of the turbo...any restriction is gonna decrease pressure delta across the turbine and hurt efficiency and hurt power