Upper 3.1 rebuild

SmoothSteve3

Hey everyone-

I'm thinking about doing an upper engine rebuild this summer.....like porting the upper and lower intakes, and porting the heads with a 5 angle valve job too. You guys think its worth it? I'm gonna replace my valveterrain while i'm in there too.....just give me your thoughts.

SmoothSteve

The 5 angle valve job isnt worth it, replacing the springs isnt really worth it, basically replacing stuff isnt worth it. Only if you port the heads properly and match them to the lower and upper intake will you see gains.

The 5 angle valve job isnt worth it, replacing the springs isnt really worth it, basically replacing stuff isnt worth it. Only if you port the heads properly and match them to the lower and upper intake will you see gains.

Why wouldn't the valve job be worth it?

Why wouldn't the valve job be worth it?

Because he is still n/a. The money he will pay for the 5 angle job is not worth the maybe 1HP he will see from it. If he was forced induction, then maybe I could see it

Yeah, I just figure that I might as well replace some of the valve terrain while I have it right in front of me. I'm getting ready to buy a pair of used heads for 50 bucks....so i figure i can port and refurbish them. But thanks a lot for the suggesstion about not doing a 5-angle valve job. Thats a lot of money saved right there. Hopefully, my upper and lower intakes will be in this week! :D

SmoothSteve