1994 Cutlass Convertible - Flood damage

Mstg007

I am looking at a 1994 that has been in a flood for several hours before being towed. I believe the flood was back in 2008 or so. Anyways, it needs some body repair in the rear near the trunk lights and where the quarter panel meets the rear bumper. (Alittle rust). The guy has replaced most of the engine mins the crankcase and transmission. Alternator, ac, radiator, exhaust system, some of the computers. Anyways my question is, will there likely be more damage that could happen to the car?

At my high school, we had a brand new Ford Edge that came from a flood down in Louisiana. The school got it for placing in an autos contest. It had been completely gone through by Ford, new carpet, seats, supposedly everything. Even with all of that being "done", it still has some wiring issues. Parasitic draw that kills the battery in a day, dash lights flicker, small things like that. It really depends on how deep of water it was sitting in, and if the water got into the dash.

My Vert is a flood car. Salvage title. Was totalled by first owner in 1998 with 18k miles on it. I purchased from second owner at 70k.

I have been upside down and backwards through this car and can find no flood damage anywhere. It hasn't ever had any electrical

issues since I've owned it (about 7 years now). I think it's very odd that I have not been able to find any sign of flood (like I have in

a lot of flood cars).

When I worked at a body shop one summer we had a flood car come in. Mud was everywhere under the carpet, water damage, and lot's of damaged electronics. The car was stripped, cleaned and painted. Bought everything new for it and put it back together you would never be able to tell it was in a flood.