new member 96 gtp

araab

hello. im new here but been the owner of multiple w-bodies for years. my dd is a 93 cutlass supreme that i got cheap but is clean. i have an 88 gp le and my wife drives a 2003 gp gt with a zzp tune and exhaust mods. now for my baby. i have a 96 gtp with a top swapped l36. xp cam, ported heads (by me), tog headers, zzp full stack i/c, 2.8 pulley, 42lb injectors, and zzp tuned. the car is lowered with suspension techniks front springs and adjustable coilovers in rear. has zzp trailing arms. soon to do slotted rottors. i live in michigan but the car is southern and rust free. i shaved the trunk lock and third brake light. has a scoop from a mercury cougar eliminator to cover up the hood hole (do to the i/c). has 18 inch svt cobra rims. yes they fit and very well. i honestly just dont know anyone in my area who is into these cars and would like to meet some people. i will post pics soon. hopefully tomorrow if i can figure out how to make it work.

hello. im new here but been the owner of multiple w-bodies for years. my dd is a 93 cutlass supreme that i got cheap but is clean. i have an 88 gp le and my wife drives a 2003 gp gt with a zzp tune and exhaust mods. now for my baby. i have a 96 gtp with a top swapped l36. xp cam, ported heads (by me), tog headers, zzp full stack i/c, 2.8 pulley, 42lb injectors, and zzp tuned. the car is lowered with suspension techniks front springs and adjustable coilovers in rear. has zzp trailing arms. soon to do slotted rottors. i live in michigan but the car is southern and rust free. i shaved the trunk lock and third brake light. has a scoop from a mercury cougar eliminator to cover up the hood hole (do to the i/c). has 18 inch svt cobra rims. yes they fit and very well. i honestly just dont know anyone in my area who is into these cars and would like to meet some people. i will post pics soon. hopefully tomorrow if i can figure out how to make it work.

i live in the Holland area. I'm still trying to figure how to reply correctly and post pics.

There are a couple of different ways to post pictures. You can use the "Insert image" button on the Tool bar. You could also use a site like Photobucket.com and upload your pictures to that site and then just post the tag in the text box here.

Welcome to the w-body forums! Hope to see some pictures soon, if you have any questions just ask! Lots of very knowledgeable and helpful people here, THE best car community I've ever come across.

here is a pic before the engine swap and a pic in the middle of it. i dont have any current pics. a month ago i spun a rod. motor is back together and will be going again soon. ill get current pics then. the car is at my brothers 30 miles away.

here is a pic before the engine swap and a pic in the middle of it. i dont have any current pics. a month ago i spun a rod. motor is back together and will be going again soon. ill get current pics then. the car is at my brothers 30 miles away.
nevermind. I'm stupid. The pictures aren't here. I don't know what I did wrong. I guess I have to get my wife to help me. That sucks.

Welcome to the forum, your car is absolutely beautiful. Very very very clean swap. So jealous. Plans for my car lol
my suspension is kind of a mutt. The fronts are suspension techniques with half a coil cut off. The rear is adjustable coil overs of unknown brand. I bought an 88 gp with this stuff on it for 350 with 280000 miles on it and a ton of rust. I drove it for a year before the trans quit and I stripped it. That was my first w-body and I've been in love since.

How does that things ride with those ST springs cut? I have ST springs on mine.

it rides good with my lace wheels on it. Its a little rough with the 18's but not too bad. It handles great. The springs were this way when I got them so im not sure what they were like before they were cut. I had an mr2 that was dropped with cut coils and beat you to death. Its nothing like that.

do you have any pics of the rear suspension? Maybe we could help figure out what it is :thumbsup:

im going to my brothers where the car is this weekend. I'll get pics then. I won't be driving it again until spring so im gonna do a few things. It looks good in pics but the paint needs help. I'm thinking of painting it black.

im going to my brothers where the car is this weekend. I'll get pics then. I won't be driving it again until spring so im gonna do a few things. It looks good in pics but the paint needs help. I'm thinking of painting it black.

I was wondering if anyone has painted one of these cars satin black. I was thinking about a satin black with gloss accents but was hoping to get a better idea of how it would look and maybe some opinions. I'm a professional tech and experienced body man and painter so it wouldn't be a rattle can job. I've seen some pics of nice looking cars on here and would respect any criticism. Its currently red and the paint is not that great. I want to do something but not sure what.

I was wondering if anyone has painted one of these cars satin black. I was thinking about a satin black with gloss accents but was hoping to get a better idea of how it would look and maybe some opinions. I'm a professional tech and experienced body man and painter so it wouldn't be a rattle can job. I've seen some pics of nice looking cars on here and would respect any criticism. Its currently red and the paint is not that great. I want to do something but not sure what.

I realize this is a very large group from all over but was wondering if there are ever any gatherings in the Michigan area. I don't mind driving a ways and would like meet some people and see some cars. I also would like to show mine off to people who may appreciate it. Hoping for spring.

I set one up last year for the fall, but I just didn't have the time to do that again this year. If you (and some of the other guys) are interested I can see about setting up one in the spring before June nationals. It's usually at Kensington Metro Park

Also, you know how to paint, and my car needs paint sometime... :lol:

I set one up last year for the fall, but I just didn't have the time to do that again this year. If you (and some of the other guys) are interested I can see about setting up one in the spring before June nationals. It's usually at Kensington Metro Park

Also, you know how to paint, and my car needs paint sometime... :lol:

I would be very interested. Where is Kensington? As far as paint there are always possibilities.