Headlight and Taillight Blackouts for 93-97 Cutlass'

jeremy

I had some that were made my LUND for my old '85 Cutty Brougham, but I haven't found any online yet for the 93-97 Cuttys......do they exist and if so what are the part numbers and company that makes them?

If they don't exist, has anyone made them and if so, how?

I can tell you from personal experience they don't exist.

I don't really think that they'd be too hard to fabricate. Pretty much just need some kind of plastic that you can heat up 'n bend, and then get spray tint for 'em and paint them. Sounds easier said then done I'm sure.

or if you are really the hands on type you can wrap the taillights and headlights with syran wrap and tape it with masking tape and then use permanent marker, OR you could borrow me a flashlight and some cotton swavs and i could fab some up for you right quick

although i have an 89 cutlass, i can tell you they don't exist for my year either..... but what you could do if you are feeling adventurous, is find a headlight that is bigger than ours, (usually a truck's works good), buy headlight covers for that truck, then cut and form it with a heat gun, add your own clips and you have headlight covers.

i saw a guy at a car show once and he had done that for his car, i don't remember the car, but he used an f-150 truck cover and cut it and formed it to his headlight, cause it was similar in shape just smaller.

i was not feeling that determined for headlight covers so i never ended up doing it for my car

I heard that you can get some HL covers from a 1500 GM and with some slight heat and bending they will mate up quite nicely to the 88-91 cuttys

....and this does me good how???

I've seen a Cutlass with headlight covers.

What year was the Cutlass?

I believe I seen a '95 or a '96 2 door with light covers at a stereo competition about 3-4 yrs ago and as I recall that it looked good. I wasn't like that I needed to go over to the guy and asked him where he got them or how he made them, but I just remembered that one red Cutlass :)

Anyways, almost anything is possible to fabricate!

I've seen a Cutlass with headlight covers.

What year was the Cutlass?

I believe I seen a '95 or a '96 2 door with light covers at a stereo competition about 3-4 yrs ago and as I recall that it looked good. I wasn't like that I needed to go over to the guy and asked him where he got them or how he made them, but I just remembered that one red Cutlass :)

Anyways, almost anything is possible to fabricate!

Yeah it was on a mid-90's Supreme. I think it was on cardomain or sounddomain if anyone is hellbent on searching thru all them.

If they don't exist, has anyone made them and if so, how?

For the rear tail-lamps its easy; it's called Nite-Shades.

It's an aerosal spray can and it does wonders: Tinting Tail-Lamps.

Ah... search... what a beautiful thing!

- Erik

I am fully aware of Nite-Shades, however that is not what I was asking about....I wanted to know about "blackouts" which are covers....

ah....reading for comprehension....what a beautiful thing!

ah....reading for comprehension....what a beautiful thing!

I did... and gave you the next best thing since I haven't seen production black-outs.

Be aware that the market for such accessories are low and it's only growing smaller every year.

- Erik

jeremy, take note that although you started this post, you are not the only one reading or responding to it. I wasn't telling you about the black outs because I realize you have a 97, I can read your sig. But perhaps the other people might care to know. I was stating that so that 1uvakind would know of some that would probably mate up better.