Runfromcheney

Hi guys, I am new here. I decided to join as I am interested in W-bodys and am wanting to get one as a project. That fact that I am friends with a member here and met another kinda goaded me in.

No, I don't have a W-body right now but I used to have one, I owned a 1990 Cutlass Supreme 3.1 in 2010 as a project. W-bodys didn't mean anything to me until I bought that car as a fix-and-flip project (one of many from that summer, I was out of work at the time). But after fixing that thing and driving it I liked it and thought it was a really nice car, tearing into it I was impressed with all the attention to detail. Certainly explains why during that year, GM lost $2,000 on every W-body they sold! Turns out I created this account back when I had the Cutty, and I just wound up never posting, just lurking. A few tips I picked up here did certainly help working on it though.

Hoever, from there an interest in these cars was sparked. It was further perpetuated by my best friend Spencer (ScoobyDoo82. I also have meet user AL through Spencer.) who would go through 3 early GM10 Grand Prixs. I even wrote an essay about the cars in early 2011 (which I can post here if you want).

Right now I own one car, a 2009 Mercury Milan Premier with the 3.0L V6 which I bought CPO this April. Been driving the fuck out of it; I put nearly 2,000 miles on it in the last month alone. However, I am interested in biting into that W-body apple one more time. I am interested in a 2-door 88-93 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme or Buick Regal.

Anyways, I look forward to being here and I am glad to meet all of you!

BTW, I don't really want to use my current username anymore....is it possible that I can get it changed?

Edited by Runfromcheney

BTW, here are some pics of the 90 Cutty I used to have. It only had 71,000 miles...the cluster in the pic was a junkyard unit and I hadn't yet swapped in the original odo.

post-5347-143689111326_thumb.jpg

post-5347-143689111344_thumb.jpg

post-5347-143689111365_thumb.jpg

post-5347-143689111386_thumb.jpg

post-5347-143689111405_thumb.jpg

Welcome to the forum! You can send a private message to one of the moderators with what you would like your screen name to be, and they can change it.

I am currently W-bodyless, but as anyone here knows, that could change at any time! LOL

Im not sure how we ended up talking for 3 hours at Schlot... Uh... The deli down the street lol... Ill be posting some pics of the LHS in the other cars section tonight if you wanna check it out

What can I say? Get me talking about cars and I can bang on for hours! I know that deli now as "that place that Spencer directed me to as I was leaving King of the Road auto parts" :P

I'll be sure to check that LHS out. For as much as I love cab-forward Chryslers though I can't say I am all that interested in buying it though since I am pretty much set on getting another Cutty as my next project.