Hello There!

roger1

Hello

I just bought a 1996 Olds Cutlass Supreme SL from my friends. It has the 3100 engine in it, and overall is in pretty good shape. They owned it for over a decade before I bought it, and in that time replaced many, many parts on it.

Let's see, they had the engine replaced a few years ago, the tranny two years ago, the rack and pinion about 5 years ago. They also had some kind of bushing replaced in the rear. More recently, they replaced the battery, starter, serpentine belt 2 new tires, and had an alignment done. Oh, and had the intake manifold replaced for some reason.

post-7634-143689110005_thumb.jpg

So anyway, I bought it as a "fixer upper", so my 13 y.o son and I have something to work on. The big thing it needs is rear brakes, but it has many small problems as well. Such as check engine light (told it was related to the catalytic converter, but it's not clogged), ABS warning light (sensor) both fog lights are broken, the antenna is broken, and needs rear struts. Probably front struts as well. It also needs oil change, etc, so I think it will be a fun project. He will be driving about this time next year, so we will have the winter to work on it, provided none of the daily drivers break, lol. I'm thinking doing the brakes first, so if we do need a spare car, it will be mostly ready to go.

So that said, I'm thinking of doing some mild performance mods to it, since my son said he would be interested in doing autocross. You know, driving around the orange cones in a parking lot. If anyone has suggestions on where to buy better performance suspension components, please give links. Remember this car has over 200k on it, so, I'm not going to invest 5k into wheels or anything like that, lol! Maybe new struts and bushings, if I feel like it :0)