1995 Convertible Steering Wheel Wiring

jojeeka

I wanted to put aftermarket HU in my 1995 Cutlass Convertible. Want to add ASWC or SWI-JACK for steering wheel controls. Searched the forum but missed it if it is there but I need to know which wires to connect the ASWC to?

Thanks.

http://pac-audio.com/productDetails.aspx?ProductId=207&CategoryID=29

You can find all the wiring instructions for the PACpart here. Accoring to the Axxess website the ASWC has not been tested on that car, therefor there is no wiring information.

I ended up using the SWI-JACK because it had the instructions for 1995 Cutlass Supreme (convertible worked as well) and the ASWC didn't have instructions. SWI-JACK works great for the temp, fan, vol up, vol down but not the seek (up.) That's good enough for me, for now. I could try again and make the track up be the seek up or something.

I should include pics of the install. I put a Kenwood DNX6960 (or maybe 6990, can't remember) with Nav, bluetooth and XM. I have spent about 3-4 hours on it so far (I'm no pro) so to make it look professional a few things more would have to be done...

1. Seek Up needs to be switched to do Track Up functionality and Prog should be switched to Source (or something.)

2. Shave the bottom of the dash bezel (i.e. the whole dash cover) where it meets the head unit so the head unit fits better.

3. Figure out where best to put my XM antenna so it looks good and works well on the convertible.

4. Cut a slot for the XM module cord in the glove box so the glove box opens easier with the XM module in it.

5. Get a heavier duty car battery.

6. Hope no one breaks in and steals it.

Not bad too bad to do.

Thanks!

Edited by jojeeka