my car on cardomain

phantomFE3

here it is

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/445594/

im still confused on the color thing so some of the pages have different colors than others, oh well, i finally found my digital camera so i decided why not! and keep in mind my car isnt perfect but if your going to rate it please dont rate it too harsh just to be mean because i know alot of you dont like me, but if you had a page on cardomain i wouldnt do it to you do please dont do it to me, honest opions please

From the demand I've been getting to take piccy's of my car, I should go get a damned disposable camera and take a few shots... but no, I never had the reason to take any pics before I came here b/c the local board I went to (when ppl asked to see it) could easily be shown at the weekly meet. That was horrible grammar but I'm too drained from cleaning to think of a proper way of wording it..hehehe. As soon as I get some, I'll let you know. My back seat looks like hell *the family that owned it before me never checked to make sure their cigarettes went OUT the window...*

David,

Here's some pointers, Put the best pics on the first page. To hold people's attention longer (They will more likely check out the next pages of your site)

If you get a comment you feel is offense, you can delete it by logging on to your cardomain page and going to guestbook.

Car looks good!

Wow, you really cleaned that engine quite nicely! I like the rims too. Those were stock on the 'Phantom' ? What exactly is different that makes a Phantom differ from a stock CS package? BTW, for some reason, the side shot of your rear spoiler reminds me of an old J-body Sunbird. Just thought I'd add that.

If you get a comment you feel is offense, you can delete it by logging on to your cardomain page and going to guestbook.

Who cares if someone disses your car? :cry:

It's your car and as long as you like it thats what matters. Screw other people's opinions. Not everone likes the same things. Read through my cardomain gb and that'll give you some good examples.

Besides, it's lame if you delete any criticism about your car, but obviously if it's personally insulting or obscene delete it, but don't delete the negative comments just so your gb is only good stuff.

well i have the hood on my car now and im working on some other things with the paint, it was peeling off the roof and there was rust through the rocket panels and in front of the rear wheels and behind then as well, so im gonna have to cut all that rust out and weld in new metal and bondo it and then sand it to make it looks original, im doing all of this next summer, im just gonna do most of the body work myself and sand and prime it and then take it to a local shop to be painted, im gonna keep it white but im gonna have them do a comeplete touchup job, go around and pull all of the little dents and dings and smooth those out, then go around and get rid of all the minor imperfections in the paint and then have them paint it, and eventually im gonna get another ground affects kit or fix the one i have now because its all cracked, hopefully i can get the ground affects fixed before i take it in to have a paintjob done so i can have them painted with the car.

as for the rims yes they came with the car, they look like the 14 inch rims on some of the cars but these are 15 inch.

the Phantom package basically consists of the spoiler, ground affects, decals/badges and the FE3 suspention, so its basically an appearance package

i like the spoiler, its kindof falling apart though, the parts on the end that dip down and forward and coming loose and probably need to be glued back into their spots, i havent seen a spoiler like it, ever, only one and mine is different, the other one was longer than mine, the ends of his went out on the sides of the car, where mine come down on the outside line of the trunk

David,

Log on to the site, look at the page that allows you to customize your pages.. near the bottom there a section on the look of your pages.. You can control colors among other things there.

hey, now i love your car even more, lol. wanna sell it to me, or swap me for a 1991 regal ? hahahhaha.

but for serious, sweet car. :)

must remember the chameleon paint for anything blue, and the black for the wood shit.

I think you did a very good job on the cardomain site. The car looks pretty good too, considering the age of it and all. Looks like you are working your ass off on it, for sure.

One thing to remember about opinions, bad or good: They're like assholes, everybody has one! :lol:

lol about that guy saying its a piece of shit, im gonna get some pictures of the vette and put them up, and then get pictures of all the other cars i have at my house... but thanks alot for the positive reinforcement! im trying to get it to look as best as it can for a carshow next summer, im eventually gonna either repair the ground affects or buy the razzi kit and sitck it on there because to me it just doesnt look right without ground affects, too rounded on the doors.. im trying to stay away from posting more exterior pics, because, well, its really a piece of shit now, its like 3 different colors and i really need to get it painted and get the rust fixed, which is going to be quite difficult!

looks good, but words of advice:

-don't do the 4 6x9's...also recover your grilles or just dye them back to maroon

-come here and buy my white car and you can swap parts OR I can give you 3/4 gallon of PPG white paint

- fix your pass side door lock I may have an assembly here if you need

- put the Oldsmobile emblem back on your glove box

well the locks on the inside i have one of the overs that go over the little metal thing, but the motors are weak and instead of uusing the power locks to lock the doors and having to click it like 10 times before it locks i just push them down and its easier , the oldsmobile emblem broke when i took it off so i cant put it back on. im gonna have an autobody shop paint my car

lubricate the pivot points of the lock system. There's one right above the metal piece you see, then there's another one above the lock solenoid which is almost always a culprit (need to remove door panel 1st)

what do you mean by door panel? i know there is a seperate piece thats right over the door lock motor and the windup for the seat belt but thats only a little bit of it, and i had no idea how to get off the whole panel on the side of the door because i couldnt find any screws or anything that would loosen it, is it possible to lubricate these joints by just taking off the smaller piece just over the motor and the seatbelt?

Hey Phantom how did you clean up those wheels so good? I got some american racing wheels that are peeling pretty bad and I need to fix them up. What would cause them to peel? 1 of the wheels is pretty new and it already is peeling like the rest. They are 16x7 A.R. Estrella wheels.

i used a die grinder with varioussanding pads, first i knocked off all the peeling material with a sandpaper pad, which was some medium grit sand paper and then i had some pads to put on there kinda of like brillo or scotch brite pads than i used to get it to the shinyness that it is in the pictures, and for the edges around the bead i u sed a wire wheel on a drill to get the peeling material and then went over the out edge as best i could with the brillo pad on a die grinder, i dont know why they peel or all of that jazz.. its gay that our cars are vulnerable to stupid shit like that

what do you mean by door panel? i know there is a seperate piece thats right over the door lock motor and the windup for the seat belt but thats only a little bit of it, and i had no idea how to get off the whole panel on the side of the door because i couldnt find any screws or anything that would loosen it, is it possible to lubricate these joints by just taking off the smaller piece just over the motor and the seatbelt?

yeah the entire door panel comes off....whoa crap :) I just swapped interiors between my '89 and '90 and the door panel swap takes 15 minutes. Rather than explain it, I'll take pics tomorrow when I do the passenger side panels

i used a die grinder with varioussanding pads, first i knocked off all the peeling material with a sandpaper pad, which was some medium grit sand paper and then i had some pads to put on there kinda of like brillo or scotch brite pads than i used to get it to the shinyness that it is in the pictures, and for the edges around the bead i u sed a wire wheel on a drill to get the peeling material and then went over the out edge as best i could with the brillo pad on a die grinder, i dont know why they peel or all of that jazz.. its gay that our cars are vulnerable to stupid shit like that

The wheels on my car are only $100 a piece. When I bought a new wheel, cause I ran the other one into a curb, it didn't take long for it to start peeling either. Anyone know why? Did I use wrong kind of wheel cleaner or something? I know they r kinda cheap but I figure they would hold up better than that.