I suppose I am a new guy.

ChibiBlackSheep

Eventhough my account dates back to 2010, I see that I rarely ever posted on this site. I used to lurk it like crazy when I was reading a ton about W-Bodies in my spare time. I just never really messed with an account.

My buddy Trewyn15 reminded me of this forum today so I figured why not try to get back into it.

My name is Mike, I'm a moderator over on the MonteCarloForum. Live out near Philly, PA. I'm a Graphic Designer and I work at a software company.

I have owned a couple W-Bodies, right now I drive a 2000 Monte Carlo SS and a 1998 Camaro. My Fiancee owns a 2007 Impala LT thanks to me. Nothing really important about her car, I just keep it working and she hasn't let me modify it yet.

Let's get to my cars. First up, my baby, owned since mile 0, currently has 183,000 miles on it. It's a Black 2000 Monte Carlo SS. This was the first car I actually modified, all my previous cars were basically just kept routine maintenance on.

Engine/Drivetrain: CAI, ZZP Stage 1 HVTB, ZZP HV3 Insert, ZZP ER Rockers, 180° Thermo, ZZP 304 SS Powerlog, ZZP 2.5" 304 SS Downpipe, GMPP Full Cat-Back Exhaust, custom tuned.

Suspension: Not much here, just front and rear STBs. Need to fix up some rusting out frame rails and radiator core support before I get crazy.

Wheels: I have 2 sets of rims, the ugly stockers that came with the car for winter, and in the summer I have 18" Polished Aluminum Eagle 077s.

Exterior: Painted bottom trim (silver with red), 2006 Stand-up Spoiler, IPCW Black Bermuda LED Tails, Tinted reverse lights, 3rd brake light overlay, Roof rails, Weathertech In-Channel rain guards, SLP Grille, debadged Trunk Lid, Silver Monte Carlo scripts on quarter panels.

Interior: Black and Red wheelskin, LED light swaps, Red Bowtie Headrests, Super clean black leather interior.

Future Plans with this car are currently on hold. During my last inspection, I was informed of very bad rusting going on with the car. I need to do my restoration a little early. Need to start locating body shops and getting real estimates on what I need to repair. I was going to be putting a ZZP Z3 Turbo on this year, but that is currently on hold :(

Few Pics:

front5s-1.jpg

wall_sides-1.jpg

rear_quarters-1.jpg

d_sidefronts.jpg

Now for the Camaro

I bought this car last year because I wanted to get proficient with a manual for daily driving. Also I was ready to start working on the Monte and needed a second car for when I took it off the road. I found this beauty on eBay, no reserve, and snatched it up for $3200 bucks. Rare color, 5 speed, manual windows/locks, T-Tops. It was honestly everything I wanted in an F-Body.

I figured I couldn't go wrong with another L36 powered car, since the Monte has been crazy reliable for me. I also found out that the Bright Purple Metallic color was only available in 97 and 98, and in 98 only 380 cars TOTAL got this color. So I am sure I won't run into many with a car that looks quite like mine.

Have not done much to this car, as my money goes to the Monte. I have just been fixing it up as I go along. My only real modifications are a CAI and a Hurst Short-Throw shifter. Already has an aftermarket exhaust but it is so loud and obnoxious. I kind of hate it, but it's not broken so it's not worth putting money at it.

Here's a couple shots of the Camaro:

2cleancars.jpg

A couple months ago, see the ugly winter rims?

Camaro10.jpg

Camaro8.jpg

305423_10100358633302863_8213614_49870052_916243845_n.jpg

The Day I brought her Home :)

IMG-20120204-00076.jpg

...Now for the Camaro

I bought this car last year because I wanted to get proficient with a manual for daily driving. ...

Hey I need to remember that line so the wife will let me get one... :lol:

Welcome sir! Very nice Monte, hard to believe it has any rust at all. I bet it's already faster than a stock GTP with those mods.

I was given some advice by a turbo guy, make sure the unibody is in good shape otherwise once you start putting down power, you'll twist it.

And again, Welcome!:thumbsup:

Hey I need to remember that line so the wife will let me get one... :lol:

My fiancee got her ring a couple weeks after I got my Camaro. She complained so bad for those couple of weeks when she thought I bought the car with her ring money :lol:

Welcome sir! Very nice Monte, hard to believe it has any rust at all. I bet it's already faster than a stock GTP with those mods.

I was given some advice by a turbo guy, make sure the unibody is in good shape otherwise once you start putting down power, you'll twist it.

It keeps up with my Sister's stock L67 Impala SS, I was happy to see that.

It was daily driven in the Poconos for too many winters I suppose. I keep it SO CLEAN, but I can only clean so much, can't do too much about all the salt they put on the roads :(

I have heard the same about the unibody, hence why I am on restoration mode right now and not turbo mode anymore. Sucks, because I have every supporting mod that I wanted to do first, and now this rust thing became apparent.

Nice! I have been wanting a 5-speed L36 Camaro myself for some time now. Nice 6th gen monte as well! :thumbsup:

Quick edit: Welcome to the forums! :D

I know you from mymonte. Welcome here. I wish I could find a set of 077's for my car...by far my favorite aftermarket wheel and they look so good on a black Monte.

I know you from mymonte.

Yes I am on quite a few forums :)

I see 077s usually for about $400-450, I'll try to remember next time I see a set.

I was able to score these with tires for $250. Not a bad deal, drove out to NJ to meet up with the guy and make the exchange. Got a couple months out of those tires too :thumbsup:

Beautiful monte Carlo... black is the nicest color on those for sure... I was looking for an l36 5 speed firebird to dd for a while but haven't had much luck in finding a clean one

It's definitely a fun car due to the manual, but it feels so much slower than the Monte.

I'm fighting the urge to get a 3.42 posi rear-end and aluminum DS in there to wake it up a little. REALLLY don't want to mod this thing as I plan to just sell it off really cheap in about 2 years when I can afford a 5th Gen.

Hey Mike! It's weird seeing the Newbie logo under your name :D I'm sure that'll change soon, after you post-whore it up for a week or so tho :lol:

Isn't it weird? I don't have my 16,000+ posts yet :lol:

Nice Monte, welcome to the forum

Welcome aboard!

Thanks!

CHIBI

TRAITOR!!! I mean... CULLY!!!

That is one sexy ass Monte

Thank you very much :thumbsup:

So after almost200k miles, hows the Monte held up?... Any warranty issues after buying it? Not many people hold onto a car for 11+ years or that many miles so thats why I ask

So after almost200k miles, hows the Monte held up?... Any warranty issues after buying it? Not many people hold onto a car for 11+ years or that many miles so thats why I ask

I'm on my second 4t65e. I've done the LIM/UIM/Valve Cover, etc gaskets when I tore the engine down at 150k doing modifications. There were slight valve cover leaks I noticed during the tear-down, but I never had LIM gasket failure. Just wanted to replace while I had the top half basically apart doing rockers and such.

I don't remember having anything done that was under warranty, but my warranty was only there for about 1.5 years because it was 3 year 36,000 back then :lol:

I've had honestly very little issues with this car. I just found out last week though that rust is starting to take its toll. Radiator Support Core, rear bumper under cover, and unibody frame rail are all getting pretty bad. But daily driving in the Poconos can do that to you I guess :(

• 3 weeks later...

Welcome. Like the Monte. It's pretty. I have an extreme dislike of pushrod engines, but that's another story. I LOVE that color on the Camaro. If I'm right, it's called "Dark Mullberry Metallic". It was also offered on 1997-1998 W-bodies from the Lumina/Monte Carlo to the Grand Prix/Regal/Century/Intrigue. If I had the cash, I'd have my Z34 painted that color.

If I'm right, it's called "Dark Mullberry Metallic". It was also offered on 1997-1998 W-bodies from the Lumina/Monte Carlo to the Grand Prix/Regal/Century/Intrigue

You aren't right :lol:

It's called Bright Purple Metallic (U88), and I believe was only offered on F-Bodies in 97 and 98. (Actually only 380 Camaros in 98) Dark Mullberry was earlier F-Bodies and a different purple, this is much brighter.

click to read op, blah blah blah lots of words.....

scroll... PICS![jaw hits the floor with a large thud]

scrolls back up to read about such awesome cars

LMAO, thank you!

I guess I should have just started with pics?