Auto lock/unlock

mchill07

Are those wires accessable through the C200 connector (on the firewall by the right side A-pillar) by any chance, or am I going to have to fish wires through the dash?

I think the only one at the C200 is the VSS wire.

Um, the dark green VSS wire is going to be attached to your dash cluster harness. You can jumper a wire to the unit from that.

Got the newer chime module this morning. It has the extra black,white wire for the PD Unlock Relay.

Now just need to find the PD lock relay and tap into in. Any ideas where this is located in the 93?

Well, installed the newer chime spliced the blk/wht wire to the unlock relay and VOILA!

The doors now automatically unlock when the ignition is turned off!

Ok, does the logic work the other way? my 94 does the auto lock but doesn't do the auto unlock, so I'd be happy to be rid of it completely. Just get a chime module from a 93 or older and slap it in there?

I'm not sure when the auto lock feature was introduced? but yes, get a compatible chime module that

doesn't control the locks. I don't remember my 89' Intl CS having that feature.

Edited by mchill07
typo

• 2 months later...

Hey guys,

I appear to be having an issue with this. I got ahold of one of these chime modules that was made in 1991 from a 1992 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme. Now, the auto-unlock when you turn off the ignition works fine, however, the auto-lock when you shift from park (attached to the neutral/park start switch wire), or when you speed up to 9mph does not seem to be working at all however, is getting a signal that I tested by making sure the turn signal left on alarm went off only while car was moving. Is this module too old? Is it faulty? Can someone please help?

Thank you,

Starflare5.

Our '94 CS Vert locks when taken out of Park, and unlocks when the key is completely shut off.

I did buy a Ford Taurus wagon once, took it accross the street from the dealership to get gas, left it running to warm up and got locked out! Advised the gas station attendent, then ran accross the street to the dealership to get another key to get back into it. Put a HIDE-A-KEY underneath the bumper as soon as we got home! :lol:

• 8 months later...

so i've read this thread and seen several posts that say a 97 should have the auto lock AND the auto unlock, I'm not sure what models they were referring to but my 97 lumina definitely does NOT the auto-unlock, just the auto-lock. most annoying damn "feature" ever thought of.... had to be just some saddistic way of torturing gm drivers and forcing them to lock themselves out....

ANYWAYS, I'm a little confused now... is my 97 lumina supposed to do the unlock also? or did luminas get that feature in a later year? what year lumina would i need to pull a chime module from to make that work? and can anyone tell me if the luminas auto locks can be disabled by removing fuse #7 instead of disconnecting the chime module, which is what 1 person said in regards to a different model 97?

I checked, it doesn't mention anything about programming or disabling them. To correct myself, it DOES unlock automatically, but not until I turn off the car. which is incredibly stupid and pointless. Which years/models automatically unlock when you put it in park? that's what I need the chime from. Unless mins is, in fact, programmable. if so it's not in the owners manual. maybe the factory service manual? anyone have one of those they can check?

the 94+ module, which i assume a 97 lumina should have should lock and unlock. could be you need to try a j/y module.

facts:

autolock engages with vehicle placed in drive

autolock engages with vehicle reaches 9 mph

autolock disengages with vehicle is turned off

each of these signals comes though a separate wire, and any one of them could be disabled/faulty.

I like the 94+ module and intend on getting it installed on all my cars. Every car that I have touched otherwise I do a "mild reprogram" on the module, which is I snip the wire for autolock when car placed in drive. Therefore, my doors lock when I hit 10 mph, and unlock when the key is turned off. The autolock has locked me out of my car once, which was once enough, when the vehicle was being rolled in gear to be jump started... Another glitch with the autolock feature, it's annoying to move your car so passengers can get in and you have to unlock the doors, which the car can and will fight if you are in drive.........

He said it does unlock when he turns off the ignition, so his 97 module is working as designed. None of these unlock when the vehicle is shifted into Park, and as far as I know, there is no way to configure it to do so.

Best thing to do if it bothers you is just to try unplugging that previously mentioned fuse or unplug the wire harness coming out of the end if that doesn't work. It'll disable autolocks altogether.

ok thanks gnat... i thought i read a post from someone saying their car does unlock in park, maybe im mistaken... or maybe im right but that poster was mistaken... oh well either way i'll just disable it completely. SOOO freakin dumb the way it works

• 8 years later...

My '96 Regal autolocks when the car starts moving, and auto unlocks ALL DOORS when put in park..

Unlocking All the doors could be potentially dangerous, especially if parking in a bad part of town..

There is a fuse in the passenger side fuse box for the auto unlocking, so I pulled it..

So now the doors still autolock, but not unlock. 

The auto unlock freaked me out when I got the car, and I disabled that feature immediately that day..

Edited by VegasDude

that shit does nothing but wear out your lock solenoids. disable it and lock it yourself if you are scared of falling out of the vehicle or cruising through the hood.