93-01 Lumina Carpet The Same?

base93lumina

So i was digging around in some older threads and found a link to stockinteriors.com. They have carpet listed for the Luminas as such: 90-92, 93-01. Is this true? Can i use carpet from a 95-01 Lumina in my 93? I know the floor pan is different in my car vs the 92 so its the change over year. But can i use carpet from the 95-01 in mine? If so, great! i need new carpet and the 95-01 cars are popular up here.

I am almost positive this is a "no" 90-94 should be different from 95-01. I believe the humps are shaped differently, and I think the dimensions changed a bit.

But aftermarket carpets are usually larger and can always be trimmed. So as long as it's larger instead of smaller, you can always fabricate.

well, ive already discovered that the 90-92 carpet is different than mine. The 90-92 has a smaller center hump which is not as tall and narrower. The 93 hump is huge and pronounced like the later models, which you would notice "should" take more carpet to cover it.

But if you look at a 90-92 and then a 93-94 Lumi, you will see the difference. Maybe i will just hit the yard up and play with carpet from a later model and see if it works. Best lab is an open junk yard :D

Edited by base93lumina

My buddy always replaces carpets from the yard and powerwashes them with some sort of mix, Simple Green and something else. The carpets come out looking perfect, literally almost brand new. If you have access to a powerwasher I can text him for the info.

I use Greased Lightning. Works really good and doesnt leave that kinda pine scent behind. Does REALLY good on stains and grime :) I buy that stuff by the gallon cause it works so good. Simple green works too, but i dont care for the smell it leaves behind.

I got a Graphite carpet from a later cutty sedan with the 60/40 to put in my White Lumina in my sig. Basically I have the light grey upper, euro trim, Grey seats, and black carpet. Love the look. The center hump is a little different but not noticeable. I got the carpet from the yard, shampooed it and installed it. Total cost 30 bucks.