Brakes real weak unless pumped a few times

Psych0matt

Why the original poster didn't mention prior brake issues is beyond me. Could have saved a lot of time.

Ok, to clear things up... :facepalm:

I've never had any issues with the brakes at all whatsoever in the 2 years I've owned the car. Never leaked, never needed pads/rotors from either warping or wear, and now it's all the sudden over the last month become an issue. I've never had a functioning Ebrake in this car, and I'm pretty sure it was non functioning for years before I owned it (I knew the previous owner). It still stops just fine once I get pressure built up, and it stays like that until I start driving again and have to rebuild the pressure...

Anything else I need to mention?

Push up on the parking brake pedal. if the light goes off the pedal travel is not returning to the full upright position. Lubricating the mechanism should help, as well as possibly tweaking the adjustment of the sensor switch, but... alternatively...look by the parking brake pedal. there is a single wire to the sensor on the pedal. remove the wire to disable the parking brake indicator light, especially if you do not use it. (not advocating the disabling of safety features)

I think you need a booster and rear brakes.

I had a very similar problem.. First thing to check is the rubber hose vacuum line from booster to the back of the Plenum. It is very hard to reach on most large 60 degree v6. But that hose will collapse under the suction of the engine when it is worn. So it will appear to be fine because of no cracks but it could still be worn and collapsing under suction. If it is at all spongy soft at the plenum end? Replace it with a factory shaped new stiff one... 15$