Fitted car over

Mel87

Well this weekend I might be buying a 1989 GMC S15 (Sonoma) as my partial DD. Since I don't have a garage I was wondering if there was a fitted car cover special for 92-97 Supreme coupes, which would include fitted for mirrors and all that. If it comes down to it I will just buy an expensive good universal one. But I would rather have a fitted if possible so there isn't a lot of slack to where wind could get underneath the cover and slap around on the car.

I'm also interested, I've got a vert and the windows leak a little bit when the wind blows during a heavy rain. I try to park in the garage, but often our garage is being used for other projects. I've had bad luck in the past with universal covers that blow off in the strong winds we get (I live close to the Columbia river gorge). I've had to use bungy cords to keep car covers on in the past, which is too much of a hassle for a daily thing.

doubtful youll find anything fitted. My cover is just a normal cover, but suited for indoors. You can find quality covers for the outdoors if your willing to spend the money as alot of em are not cheap. Most of the higher end ones have tieing points at the bottom to prevent such things like wind moving the cover around on you.

I'm leery of covers, but maybe if you get a really expensive one you won't have any problems.

The issue I had when I had a cover is the constant movement of the cover from wind wore the paint down to bare metal on the roof and mirrors. Any movement at all of the fabric, no matter how subtle, is apparently going to have a sandpaper effect over time.

I'm leery of covers, but maybe if you get a really expensive one you won't have any problems.

The issue I had when I had a cover is the constant movement of the cover from wind wore the paint down to bare metal on the roof and mirrors. Any movement at all of the fabric, no matter how subtle, is apparently going to have a sandpaper effect over time.

No lie Shawn, I was going to tell him exactly what happened to you and your CS :lol:

Best picture and one of the only few I have of my car with its cover on I will post below. We had a snow storm roll through here, put it as this...it would of saved my ass from having a few inches of snow in my backseat which somehow squeezed through my rear window when we had our first snowfall, and might I saw only snowfall this whole year but it was all powder and blew through my rear window. I guess thats what 40mph gusts and pure powder snow will do to ya..

As for the paint deterioration, I used mine all summer especially when I was doing repairs on the rear window and driver side window and never had any paint missing or scratched. I also trusted it throughout heavy storms and only one time had it blown away and that was during tornado warnings last year and we had a recorded straight line gust in fenton in the 70's mph, it blew it long gone and into a neighbors lawn way down the street, but not too much is going to hold up to that imho.

Here's the picture, and maybe so a few of you can get a laugh, my convertible with snow in the back seat in the middle of winter. I believe mine is just a universal fit, possibly fitted towards w-bodys or 90s coupes, idr.. If I remember correctly it costed around $100, water proof, 5 or 6 layer and a lining on the inside. Oh, and might I add...the snow in my back seat occured between removing the cover at 8AM and getting to my car on a early release and skipping a drug meeting at 10AM...so in 2 hrs that happened.

post-6351-143689089754_thumb.jpg

post-6351-143689089749_thumb.jpg

California Car Covers is where you want to go. They are custom made for each car with a very tight fit, mirror pockets, etc. I have one on my Cadillac at my vacation home in Florida, where it sits out year round as my house does not have a garage. I have had it for 3 years, and it still looks and works great. It was about $150, and I think that even included shipping. They have a million different kinds of covers, and the one I chose has worked out very well. They even make one for indoor use for $1500 made of cashmere!!

Our SLK, TGP, and Stealth all have California Car Covers on them, they are all inside though under the covers. The Stealth has a dusttop cover, which I would not recommend even for indoor storage, it protects, and fits fine, but if you say rub your calf against the rear bumper too often, or remove it often, the dust top fabric will wear through, or rip. The SLK and TGP have Noah fabric on them, which is a lot thicker, and seems to be wearing better than just the dusttop. Fit though on them all is great though.